Interesting tweak of Cub Hat

SouthpawJosh

I believe the Iowa Cubs (AAA) use that logo on a blue cap. I prefer it to the walking cubĀ  for a cap. I think Nike uses it on some Cubs merchandise I've seen up here as well.

I think you're right... except it has "Iowa" on top and "Cubs" on the bottom of the logo; both in script. And after looking around... found this:

pMLB2-2494235reg.jpg

Close... not quite though.

the version of that C-cub head the I-Cubs used was slightly different. the way teh head was shown implied that it was still attached to the rest of the body, unlike the Nike Cubs logo.

oddly enough, the I-Cubs have new hats...in order, far left is teh old home hat, now relegated to teh home alternate; mid left is the new home hat; mid right is the new road hat; and far right is the new BP hat. I gotta say, the I-Cubs' heads are gonna look sharper than they used to look :)

TbUYbfsD.jpg

last year's hats were the blue one with the full I-Cubs logo on it (game, shown), blue with the cub head-C logo (alt 1), and red wtih teh cub head-C (alt).

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bullšŸ¤¬

the version of that C-cub head the I-Cubs used was slightly different.Ā  the way teh head was shown implied that it was still attached to the rest of the body, unlike the Nike Cubs logo.

oddly enough, the I-Cubs have new hats...in order, far left is teh old home hat, now relegated to teh home alternate; mid left is the new home hat; mid right is the new road hat; and far right is the new BP hat.Ā  I gotta say, the I-Cubs' heads are gonna look sharper than they used to look :)

TbUYbfsD.jpg

last year's hats were the blue one with the full I-Cubs logo on it (game, shown), blue with the cub head-C logo (alt 1), and red wtih teh cub head-C (alt).

OMFG,i did a I-Cubs concept last year using the "I" as the primary home and away caps,i kid y'all not.,i did it for my AAA Baseball project

icubs.gif

Here's the current BP Hat logo:

2_640.jpg

And I saw this at Lids and at Champs:

2_640.jpg

I don't know.... I kind of like it. I might pick one up if I can find it in solid blue.

this is the only nike ligiture logo i like

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

I don't like that new Iowa Cubs hat. I mean, we all know who they're affiliated with, yes, but still, just smacking a big-ass "I" on the front seems a little too bland for AAA, in which plain location letters usually aren't iconic enough to work like they do for the major league clubs.

" :blink: Well the Chicago Cubs smacked a big-ass C on there! Is that bad? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:"

ā™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneĀ ā™«

I believe the Iowa Cubs (AAA) use that logo on a blue cap. I prefer it to the walking cubĀ  for a cap. I think Nike uses it on some Cubs merchandise I've seen up here as well.

I think you're right... except it has "Iowa" on top and "Cubs" on the bottom of the logo; both in script. And after looking around... found this:

pMLB2-2494235reg.jpg

Close... not quite though.

Yes. Except this is the one I was talking about (biggest pic I could find):

P0045283.jpg

I prefer this (minus the Iowa) because the C is complete.

For the record, I never liked the Iowa Cubs' cap logo. A bit unreadable, IMO. I prefer the new "I" caps, however uninspired, for now.

EDIT: Here's a bigger one, listed as the "Saturday" game cap, while the one above is listed as the BP.

P0045649.jpg

The logo on that white BP hat is pretty cool, but the cub almost looks cute and cuddly instead of intimidating. Either way, pretty sweet.

I might get flamed by Cubs fans for this, but it's a cub, a baby bear, it doesn't necessarily have to look like it's going to rip your head off and feed on you for dinner, nor does every logo based on an animal.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

The logo on that white BP hat is pretty cool, but the cub almost looks cute and cuddly instead of intimidating. Either way, pretty sweet.

I might get flamed by Cubs fans for this, but it's a cub, a baby bear, it doesn't necessarily have to look like it's going to rip your head off and feed on you for dinner, nor does every logo based on an animal.

But it's sports. Sports are built on intimidation and anger. There needs to be something "mean" or "aggressive" about any animal logo.

Besides, I like this alt. Cubs logo better... (The one on the chest)

FF100985-l.jpg

Haha yea I agree with that, but like BJ Sands said a slight look of intimidation is always good for sports teams.

yankeesbanner3xe5.jpg

Archived