Penguins Concept

maz

I love the home and road jerseys, very classy, reminds me of the early 90's when they won the Cup twice. The alternate just isn't doin anything for me, IMO it's way too much gold, not enough of the black and white. Add a few more stripes along the bottom and sleeves like the home and road and it might look better. Overall your ideas are great! I really like them. :D

they look pretty good, except that on the road jersey the text is spaced out wierd. bring the beginning of the word together more, and seperate the end of the word a little more. also, the gold jersey does need more white and black. i say change the collar stripes to black/white, then add a white stripe spaced out from the black stripes on the bottom and sleeves.

Pens2.gif

Fixed the logo on the home one even though it distorted it alittle. I also decided to make the alternate more of a retro jersey. The reason theyre sort of bland is because theyre supposed to look more classic than their current ones. Also, i like stripes better. Also the text on the road ones are all spaced out the same, it just looks wierd because of the way "PITT" is shaped compared to "SBURGH"

Pensalt.gif

Tried eRay's idea about the alternate. I dont think it looks very good.

oBIgzrL.png

There not bad, but rather safe though. It just seems like mixing and matching old logos and striping patterns with new colors. That gives them all a somewhat familiar feeling. It's a bit "paint by numbers".

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

They are a little tame.

Part of the reasons I prefer the present sweaters is the subtlety of the triangle inserts. Pittsburgh's location at the confluence of the rivers is one of its calling cards (which is why I lament the loss of Three Rivers Stadium, one of the best names to fall into history's trash heap), and the triangular areas on the current sweaters reinforce that. These just have straight striping, which looks fine, but more can be done.

I loved the old "PITTSBURGH" jerseys with the diagonal letters. I'd choose a livelier font, though - this looks more like ironed-on letters for a rec league than something befitting an NHL team. Teams using lettering use slightly more unique fonts, like the LA Kings and Buffalo Sabres (team design) and NY Rangers (serifed, italicized); the serifed font the Pens used to use was a solid choice and gave it a little pop.

As for the alt, it's better than the metallic gold one, but I am not crazy about mixing eras and color schemes. One set replaced the other for a reason, they're not meant to be worn together (even though I prefer the athletic gold to the metallic gold, to unify the Pittsburgh teams behind their civic colors).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

They are a little tame.

Part of the reasons I prefer the present sweaters is the subtlety of the triangle inserts.  Pittsburgh's location at the confluence of the rivers is one of its calling cards (which is why I lament the loss of Three Rivers Stadium, one of the best names to fall into history's trash heap), and the triangular areas on the current sweaters reinforce that.  These just have straight striping, which looks fine, but more can be done.

I loved the old "PITTSBURGH" jerseys with the diagonal letters.  I'd choose a livelier font, though - this looks more like ironed-on letters for a rec league than something befitting an NHL team.  Teams using lettering use slightly more unique fonts, like the LA Kings and Buffalo Sabres (team design) and NY Rangers (serifed, italicized); the serifed font the Pens used to use was a solid choice and gave it a little pop.

As for the alt, it's better than the metallic gold one, but I am not crazy about mixing eras and color schemes.  One set replaced the other for a reason, they're not meant to be worn together (even though I prefer the athletic gold to the metallic gold, to unify the Pittsburgh teams behind their civic colors).

I see where youre coming from with the triangular shape of pittsburgh corrospndance {Which is why the logo has a triangle also} but its hard to make a triangular pattern that isnt too similar to the current one. However, i liked the old gold better to. I also liked the unity of all the Pittsburgh teams {except Pitt which used blue. Also, the pens have sucked ever scince changing to this vegas gold they use now}. So, what ill do is improve th font on the road one and change the overall theme to the old colors. Ill experiment with triangular inserts but might end up sticking with stripes... only better ones.

oBIgzrL.png

Pens3.gif

Alroght, i tried triangular inserts. However i couldnt get the inserts on the road uniform without intersecting with the writing. Also i changed the font and I have to agree, it looks much better.

Sorry about the extra junk on there

oBIgzrL.png

latest version

Pros:

some triangular stripes. could use a few more though

unique font for road jersey. it is also spaced out more evenly

use of old yellow they used to use

Cons:

Number font

extra fragments of jersey strewn about

no powder blue! :P:hockeysmiley:

on your 3rd version i like the first set better. i was never a fan of the penguin blue, i liked the black, dark yellow better. though the black and vegas gold they have now isn't too bad.

i actually like road whites. typically i don't like diagonal letters on a jersey, but the font is unique enough that i actually could see myself liking them. (Btw, what font did you use for that, i'd like to hunt down that alphanumeric font that you used)

the alternate is nice but it seems like it is missing something. can't put my finger on it.

also the triangle-hummingbird logo probably could be added the shoulders of the home and road jerseys.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

on your 3rd version i like the first set better. i was never a fan of the penguin blue, i liked the black, dark yellow better. though the black and vegas gold they have now isn't too bad.

i actually like road whites. typically i don't like diagonal letters on a jersey, but the font is unique enough that i actually could see myself liking them. (Btw, what font did you use for that, i'd like to hunt down that alphanumeric font that you used)

the alternate is nice but it seems like it is missing something. can't put my finger on it.

also the triangle-hummingbird logo probably could be added the shoulders of the home and road jerseys.

The font is called old english

oBIgzrL.png

Archived