Duke LaCrosse

NJTank

I don't think either side is totally innocent in this situation. Can we agree on that? Both the stripper/possible rape victim and the Duke lacrosse team did stupid stuff both on the night in question and in the months following.

I just feel bad for everyone involved that got hurt. What a freaking mess.

The new DA in the case today said these three boys were not only not guilty of any of these chargers, but undisputedly innocent. Which you NEVER hear a flippin' lawyer say. "Possible rape victim"? She was never raped. And the fact that she tried to use one of, if not THE most heinous act one human can impose on another, as a tool to get at these "rich white boys"? The racial tension in the tobbaco road area is very well known, and it's not out of the scope of possiblility that this girl decided to do this as a "Fu*k You" to these kids and the school. Anything is really possible, but what the facts bear out here is that there was no rape, and now these kids are forever going to be remembered as the "Duke Case" guys.

Doesn't matter if they were convicted or even brought to trial. This was THE biggest story when it broke, and it's remained a huge story for the duration. These kids faces have been posted on TV's across america and had them labled as "Alleged Rapists". You don't ever live that down. No matter what apologies are offered.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dr. Rev. Sharpton,

You made a stupid comment about innocent lacrosse players, I think you should resign your post, after you apologize on your radio show and call yourself an idiot.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Dr. Rev. Sharpton,

You made a stupid comment about innocent lacrosse players, I think you should resign your post, after you apologize on your radio show and call yourself an idiot.

:D

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Dr. Rev. Sharpton,

But surely the good Reverend made an honest mistake... I mean, he's never done anything like this before - prematurely springing to the defense of a young woman claiming rape at the hands of a wealthy white male without stopping to see if she were credible and definitely NOT making :censored: up. *cough*tawanabrawley*cough* (If you don't recognize the name, look it up; "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it," Rev...)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I don't think either side is totally innocent in this situation. Can we agree on that? Both the stripper/possible rape victim and the Duke lacrosse team did stupid stuff both on the night in question and in the months following.

I just feel bad for everyone involved that got hurt. What a freaking mess.

Doesn't matter if they were convicted or even brought to trial. This was THE biggest story when it broke, and it's remained a huge story for the duration. These kids faces have been posted on TV's across america and had them labled as "Alleged Rapists". You don't ever live that down. No matter what apologies are offered.

I've been thinking about this a lot, and I feel terrible for those lacrosse players. I'm sure that in person I'd find most of them to be big-time a-holes, but they're conclusively NOT rapists. American talking heads and opinion writers owe those players a huge apology. And you're right -- no matter how well connected or well heeled those players are, they will forever have been branded as "alleged rapists" on national television. That never goes away.

Mind you, I'm not entirely sympathetic to the players. I'm sure they did tons of stupid things on the night in question, but rape wasn't one of them. To quote myself, what a freaking mess.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Still don't feel sorry for them. I still think it's entirely possible that one, if not all of these kids daddies paid the girl to discredit herself as much as possible. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense why someone who is at least smart enough to get into college would seek out such a difficult targets to accuse falsely. Either way, I guess I'm having a hard time believing that a bunch of rich, white frat boys would knowlingly hire Black dancers with "good intentions." After all, these are the same people who do s**t like this.

Any last drop of sympathy I might've had for them was sucked dry when the media kept referring to them as the "Duke lacrosse players" while referring to her as a "stripper." Why was she the only one that got reduced to what she was doing at the time? Why not refer to her as "a female coed from NCCU?" (or the guys as "horny, drunken frat boys?" It ain't like they were playing lacrosse at the party)

If anything, I feel sorry for the Black women who are gonna be reduced to whores and jezebels on account of what one person did. All because even in 2007, amerika still can't get its racism and sexism in check.

Any last drop of sympathy I might've had for them was sucked dry when the media kept referring to them as the "Duke lacrosse players" while referring to her as a "stripper." Why was she the only one that got reduced to what she was doing at the time? Why not refer to her as "a female coed from NCCU?" (or the guys as "horny, drunken frat boys?" It ain't like they were playing lacrosse at the party)

Your accusation of racism is a bit of a reach, since I think she had been identified as a college student in the articles.

If anything, I feel sorry for the Black women who are gonna be reduced to whores and jezebels on account of what one person did.

Which women?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If anything, I feel sorry for the Black women who are gonna be reduced to whores and jezebels on account of what one person did. All because even in 2007, amerika still can't get its racism and sexism in check.

Because BET and the hip hop culture in general are being so helpful in promoting women's rights... :rolleyes:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Because BET and the hip hop culture in general are being so helpful in promoting women's rights... :rolleyes:

They're just telling them how much they love them!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

You're my ho, Fred T. Jane.

That just warms the cockles of my heart. :D

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

What about the sub-cockle area? Kidneys, liver...?

Easy there, Sparky. :P

Ummm... BET and the sexism in the music industry (let's not even imply that misogyny is limited to hip hop) are what they are because of racism and sexism in amerika.

Ummm... BET and the sexism in the music industry (let's not even imply that misogyny is limited to hip hop) are what they are because of racism and sexism in amerika.

My point was maybe we should not be blaming one person for the "whores and jezebels" thing; seems to be that many others seem to be working to establish that stereotype, especially in the hip hop industry.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Nope, white people are on the hook for everything, trust me.

As we should be. If not because of our tendency to start terrible wars and exploit our fellow man, then perhaps because of our collective poor sense of style and willingness to laugh at bad jokes.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived