Ready For The Show

The Green Meanie

Checking out the hillarious videos on the website for Sony's new game MLB '06 The Show, I saw that each of the three players showcased were wearing some intresting (fictional) uniforms. I wonder how much Sony put into these, because they made several different uniforms and caps for the videos. The only real uniform was shown when Tim Kasey was called up to the Red Sox. Check them out:

J.T. Smith - Has an intresting Diamonbacks-like uniform. Also note the 80's-90's Tigers road jersery the batter is wearing.

http://www.readyfortheshow.com/players/jts...section/profile

Tim Kasey - Played for 16 minor league teams (are any real?)

Uniform History here - http://www.readyfortheshow.com/players/tim...section/journey

Tim's Main Page - http://www.readyfortheshow.com/players/tim...section/profile

Rod Johnson - Inconsistent longball hitter now playing in Japan for "Osaka Cyclones", fictional team. They did however, try to make the ballpark look Japanese.

http://www.readyfortheshow.com/players/rod...section/profile

rrhgsig.gif

The Tim Kasey unis and logos are authentic, except for the Amarillo Arachnids.

Is the Wilmington Blue Rocks logo new? I've never seen that one before.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I know the Lookouts and the L'ville bats are real. Cincinnati Reds affiliates. But the site says Louisville bats in like 1991 but i dont think they existed until 97

Wow. Good catch. They were the Red Birds then, which sounds a whole lot better. After that, they were briefly the River Bats. Then they moved into Louisville Slugger Field, and have their current nickname.

Their logos? Just terrible. Absolutely terrible. Beautiful ballpark though.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I thought there might be some errors like this, but I didn't have the chance to check things out. It really is a shame someone couldn't do about an hour's worth of homework to get things right.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

All the minor league teams are real. They just use current logos and names instead of what they should have been at the time they purport he played for the teams.

The time he is supposed to be in Peoria they used an actual indian cheif as a logo.

The time 1994-95 Tim is playing for "AAA Durham" I think Durham was still AA at that time.

fade.gif

The Tucson Sidewinders are a real team. I grew up in Tucson watching them at Hi-Corbett Field when they were they Tucson Toros. They changed their names to the Sidewinders when the D-backs hit the show.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Is the Wilmington Blue Rocks logo new? I've never seen that one before

I know that was the logo the Blue Rocks used last year, and probably 2004, because it was on MVP 05.

And it's on the website

I figured it was real since I knew the other ones were. I just didn't get as far as checking the website before posting.

That being said, I don't get the logo. I thought the team was named for soldiers who were named after fighting roosters, or something like that (the male equivalent of the Blue Hens). Now they seem to be taking the "rock" part too seriously/literally, with the pick striking the R.

Archived