NBA Team Colors

TruColor

Because there seems to be some confusion as to the current team colors in various leagues, I've generated the current color sets for all of the NBA teams.

These swatches are similar to my Team Colors lists on the SSUR, but are individual .JPEGs for each team.

These are (as always) derived from the actual Pantone colors, although I won't list the Pantone values for copyright reasons. These particular files reflect the "Solid Colors" - those colors that are used for print, and use the sRGB color space. They more accurately reflect how the Pantone colors should look on-screen. As opposed to the similated RGBs that Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop produce.

If there's interest, I will post these in the same format for other leagues, and also for some of the other color types - Pantone Textiles, Production Colors, etc. Let me know what you think.

Here's the current NBA teams - including Alternate Uniform Colors:

Atlanta Hawks

Boston Celtics

Boston Celtics - Alterniate Uniform Colors

Charlotte Bobcats

Chicago Bulls

Cleveland Cavaliers

Dallas Mavericks

Dallas Mavericks - Alternate Uniform Colors

Denver Nuggets

Denver Nuggets - Alternate Uniform Colors

Detroit Pistons

Golden State Warriors

Houston Rockets

Indiana Pacers

Los Angeles Clippers

Los Angeles Lakers

Memphis Grizzlies

Miami Heat

Milwaukee Bucks

Minnesota Timberwolves

New Jersey Nets

New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets

New York Knicks

Orlando Magic

Philadelphia 76ers

Phoenix Suns

Portland Trail Blazers

Sacramento Kings

Sacramento Kings - Alternate Uniform Colors

San Antonio Spurs

Seattle SuperSonics

Toronto Raptors

Utah Jazz

Washington Wizards

Do you know if there's any plans for the Nuggets to change the "cobalt blue" in their current color scheme to the dark blue used on the alternate? Because there should be.

No idea. I think the reason why they went with Navy Blue for the alt color has more to do with the fact that the NBA wouldn't let them have a Black alt.

I agree though - standardize the Blues, and it would look better.

Not to be a pain but with Boston's new alts, isn't black more than just a primary logo color now?

Probably. But what this shows is that Black is only an "Additional" color for their primary scheme. Make sense?

I should create a new record for the Celtics' alternate uniforms...just show the Green, Black and White.

Do you know if there's any plans for the Nuggets to change the "cobalt blue" in their current color scheme to the dark blue used on the alternate?  Because there should be.

No idea. I think the reason why they went with Navy Blue for the alt color has more to do with the fact that the NBA wouldn't let them have a Black alt.

I agree though - standardize the Blues, and it would look better.

Well, in that case, thank you NBA for not letting them use black.

I remember seeing a poll on nuggets.com (last year or the year before) and it was asking what color a Nuggets alternate uniform should be, and the options were gray, yellow, and black, I believe -- out of those, I voted yellow because it's an actual team color where as the other two just kind of come out of nowhere. I'm not so sure the cobalt blue would make a good alternate because it seems to me that with the shiny material they use, it wouldn't look much different than the light blue (alternate script aside).

IUe6Hvh.png

In my opinion, it was much easier to click the link.

Other than that, good work indeed. I figure you did that to make fun of how I didn't know the colors in the "alternate jersey" thread, but good job all the same!

In my opinion, it was much easier to click the link.

Other than that, good work indeed. I figure you did that to make fun of how I didn't know the colors in the "alternate jersey" thread, but good job all the same!

Oh, I wasn't making fun at all...just wanted to have a set reference when we talk about this stuff!

Team colors consume me.

Archived