High School Logo Redesign

swisherHOU

It's not so much a redesign as it is cleaning up an amatuer-ish logo. On the left is the original and on the right is mine. This is a new school in the Houston area that opens up next year.

I was submitting an unsolicited offer to change a logo that I've seen printed on shirts, sweatshirts and on their website, so I didn't want to change much, just make it look a little more professional.

The copperplate bothers me, but I'm limited on my resources for fonts, so I tried to hide it by pushing and pulling it a little.

Critique is welcome, I've already e-mailed this version, but I can still adjust it if I had to. I'll keep you posted on what, if anything comes of it.

Remember, I don't want to change the actual design much. They already have the original out in the public.

AHSlogo1.jpg

I think a blue outline on the eagle would tie in a lot better to the outline of the A.

I don't mind the Copperplate font much - I guess I'll never understand why there's so much hatred for it - after all, it's 100x better than Impact or Arial... ^_^

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Good point on the blue outline...my thinking on that was if the eagle was by itself it would not have any red in it at all, which I think is the dominant color they want to use. But that is something I should consider when I go back and work on it, thanks for the input.

get rid of copperplate!!! new font!!!

those of you in the know will understand (i.e. the copperplate scavenger hunt...)

I know, I know, I know...I almost didn't post this here because I knew I was going to get ripped for the copperplate. It's the best I have right now...unless there's free fonts for PCs somewhere someone can direct me to.

Love the logo. A lot better than the current one.

I don't mean to Hijack the thread but does anybody know the rules on using a proffesional sports logo for a high school?

IIRC high schools can use pro logos, I forget the conditions but I know there are conditions. my alma mater uses the Philly eagle head, only in solid green over a C, and for many years we used a variation of the Eagles' wings (ironically, we had the white helmet/green wings combo a year or two before they did, and kept it until 1996 when we reversed it to white wings on green)

on the logo, the first one looks like the crap that would result from me indiscriminately bashing my head on the keyboard for an hour, swisher's modification improves it tenfold.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived