Charlie Manuel

Elmer Fudd's days are numbered. He's the Rich Kotite of baseball.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I can't believe he ever got another job after Cleveland.

If it weren't for Jim Thome, Manuel wouldn't have gotten the Cleveland job. Charlie's a nice guy and I guess he's a pretty decent hitting coach but he is not a good manager. I'm with Tank I don't see him lasting past Memorial Day. He may go a lot sooner than that since The Phillies no longer need to worry about keeping Thome happy.

BB52Big.jpg

maybe a new manager would help, look what happened when the Astros brought in Phil Garner during the 2004 All Star break.

although if you ask Darren Daulton the Phillies already got the division locked up. :P

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Elmer Fudd still doesn't understand that the NL doesn't have a DH. Someone teach this guy what a double switch is, please!

Worst manager since John Felske. Makes me long for the days of Lee Elia.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 weeks later...

Manuel got the boot arguing (correctly) that Chase Utley was safe when called out for the last out of the first inning. Gary Varsho took the reins the rest of the way, and led the Phils to victory, despite not having Utley, who also was ejected at the end of the first.

Coincidence? More evidence to show Charlie the door? I'm just sayin' ...

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Manuel got the boot in Sunday's game against Florida for arguing (correctly) that Chase Utley was safe when called out for the last out of the first inning. Gary Varsho took the reins the rest of the way, and led the Phils to victory, despite not having Utley, who also was ejected at the end of the first.

Coincidence? More evidence to show Charlie the door? I'm just sayin' ...

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Archived