The new Sherbrooke Pirates' uniforms!

GeorgesL

After months of hard work and research, I completed the final Sherbrooke Pirates' concept. It's influenced by the old Pirates' colours from the 30's and early 40's, and I got the idea from the uniforms of the old Brooklyn Federal League team shown below.

sherbrookejerseys.jpg

Here's the Brooklyn FL uniforms from 1914 from which the concept was inspired:

fl_1914_brooklyn.gif

C&C?

Change the colours maybe? Even the font of the Pirates, as its waay too smiliar to the MLB team and the Bo-sox colours, so its hard to give a C&C when you keep thinking about those teams, can't give a proper opinion because of it.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Very classic look...reminds me alot of vintage Red Sox uni's. Well done.

Yeah, a little too much like old Boston Red Sox...

Nothing wrong with that, it's a darn good look.

I especially like the pirate head logo, although it is better that you didn't bring it into the uniforms to keep the classic look. Great choice of colors, and I really like the hats. Great work.

I especially like the pirate head logo, although it is better that you didn't bring it into the uniforms to keep the classic look. Great choice of colors, and I really like the hats. Great work.

You don't want to go with something, I don't know, original? You can be classic and original at the same time.

201160034_f4c2ccdd98_o.png228795922_2c1d682c64_o.png

You don't want to go with something, I don't know, original? You can be classic and original at the same time.

There's only so much you can do with a baseball uniform in terms of piping and graphics while staying within the bounds of what's considered "traditional". I've seen you critique two of his well-done concepts rather harshly, but are you willing to put your money where your mouth is?

QPR%20Sig.png

There's only so much you can do with a baseball uniform in terms of piping and graphics while staying within the bounds of what's considered "traditional". I've seen you critique two of his well-done concepts rather harshly, but are you willing to put your money where your mouth is?

I'm in that contest that's currently going on. And I have just about every single NFL team redone on my computer right now, but I don't like posting stuff until it's exactly what I want. No work-in-progress posts, ya know?

201160034_f4c2ccdd98_o.png228795922_2c1d682c64_o.png

When i see that home one i think of the road one in this picture...

nl_1934_pittsburgh.gif

I know you didnt do it on purpose. Good, similar, concept. Theres only so much you can do with baseaball unis. Thats why i dont make them.

oBIgzrL.png

this concept just makes me mad. it is well executed, but why is everyone so heart set on making "traditional" jerseys? the idea that "traditional" jerseys are better just lead people to make concepts like this. first off all you changed from that brooklyn jersey was added piping on the sleeves and pants. the bad thing is, that is as far as you were willing to stray from an actual "traditional" jersey. originality is a pretty big characteristic in jerseys, it is important in my mind, especially in our day of throwbacks and such. if a jersey isnt original at least a little bit, it doesnt work IMO. this concept doesnt work at all, because we are not in the early 1900's, get with the times a little bit. oh, and the fact that you took an existing jersey and added 2 or 3 lines and changed the front text and it took you "months of hard work and research" makes me laugh.

Archived