Atlanta gets '08 NHL ASG

randyc

HELL YEAH!!! We were supposed to get it last year, it's only right that we get one in the recent future...

Though it does kinda suck that I might be out of this town in college unless I end up going to one of the distinguished HBCU's here or GT.

Good, I'm glad Atlanta gets the '08 ASG. It's not really their fault that the lockout happened last year, I'm glad they get the ASG real soon. As for Phoenix, to me they should get the ASG in '09. It's not their fault that the Olympics were this year.

why don't they have an all-star game after the stanley cup playoffs...kinda like the pro bowl...

i was really looking foward to an all-star game, in fact i thought there was an all-star game until i heard about the winter olympics

but i think it's possible to have an all-star game..it would just be after the olympics...

why don't they have an all-star game after the stanley cup playoffs...kinda like the pro bowl...

i was really looking foward to an all-star game, in fact i thought there was an all-star game until i heard about the winter olympics

but i think it's possible to have an all-star game..it would just be after the olympics...

1. The playoffs last about two months. How would we expect the players to take off their vacation to play hockey in mid-June?

2. Have you watched any Pro Bowls lately? They have to replace half the players, and the game has become a real bore to watch.

3. The reason why the NHL is playing their All-Star Game (and the other festivities) during the week is so people are home to watch their showcase event. More people are away from home on Sunday night than a Tuesday/Wednesday night.

4. Hockey in June is a bit much. I love hockey, but I don't want it becoming an almost year-round sport like the NBA has become.

I think 09 ASG is already promissed to Montreal.

Well, yeah I already knew that someone else had the '09 ASG, but in my perfect little world Phoenix would have gotten the ASG right after Atlanta just like it was supposed to be. :D

Well there is always 2010 the Olympics wont be an issue this time with it being in Vancouver.

Umm.....part of the CBA was that the players would get extended breaks during Olympic years so the players could participate, and that there would be no All-Star Games in an Olympic year.

Archived