2006 NHL Awards

NJTank

Scott Niedermayer got robbed. He had an awesome season in Anaheim and he definately should get the Norris this year. Some say this was the best year of his career. He really rallied the Anaheim team to the second best record since January.

Other than that, I have no problems with the picks.

Scott Niedermayer got robbed. He had an awesome season in Anaheim and he definately should get the Norris this year. Some say this was the best year of his career. He really rallied the Anaheim team to the second best record since January.

The Norris should go to Lidstrom. He has better numbers than Niedermayer and Lidstrom is a far better team leader than Niedermayer.

Well we disagree on the Adams--I'd give it to Sutter--not because of homerism, but he's done a great job.

As far as the Calder--Ovechkin is a foregone conclusion--but Phaneuf should be a finalist.

I'd pick Niedermeyer for the Norris.

The Vezina is Kipper's

The Hart I'd say the 3 finalists should be Jagr, Thornton & Kipper.

I'd give it Kipper or Thornton before Jagr.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Thornton deserves the Hart more than Jagr because, while yes Jagr took a bottom-dweller to the top, he was ALREADY a part of that team for a season and a half beforehand. Thornton took a bottom-dweller and paid IMMEDIATE dividends.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

The Norris should go to Lidstrom. He has better numbers than Niedermayer and Lidstrom is a far better team leader than Niedermayer.

That, and Lidstrom is as close to a perfect player as you can get IMO. Hardly any penalties, great leader, incredible passer, good vision, great hands, good shot.

That, and Lidstrom is as close to a perfect player as you can get IMO. Hardly any penalties, great leader, incredible passer, good vision, great hands, good shot.

He isn't 6'9" though. What the heck does Zdeno Chara have to do to win a Norris anyway, do a Tonya Harding on Lidstrom's knees?

BTW, re: The Thornton-Jagr Hart Trophy debate

Before the trade San Jose was 8-12-4. After, 35-14-7. Sounds like Hart material to me.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

The Shakrs did go to the Western Finals in 2004

Yes, but that was two years ago and it didn't stop them from putting on a suckfest for the first two months of the season, even while retaining much of the same players from the last season. (Actually this is sort of what happened to them in the 2002-2003 season, only this time Joe Thornton kick-started them to recovery, and for that, I feel he deserves the Hart Trophy.)

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I know Ovechkin has more points than Crosby and will probably win, but let me ask you one thing. What if Ovechkin had played with a bunch of losers like Crosby did? I mean a, 2nd to last place by one game, bunch of losers. A 19 game losing streak bunch of losers. An Ashamed to admit youre a fan, bunch of losers. And still be able to make it to 102 points. Thats more than Lemieux in his rookie year and they didnt even do as bad that year. This makes me come to the conclusion that, surrounded with the right talent, Crosby would win this by a long shot. But, unfortunately, things didnt work out like that. Ovechkin had the better team this year. Through it all theyre both sensational in their own rights and there is going to be a big rivalry for many years. But, i still like Crosby way better. What else would you expect from a Pens fan?

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

The Rangers were expected to finish 30th by SI

But when was the last time SI got something right in one of their previews? I mean, they said Arizona would win the national title in football in 1997. Need I say more?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I know Ovechkin has more points than Crosby and will probably win, but let me ask you one thing. What if Ovechkin had played with a bunch of losers like Crosby did? I mean a, 2nd to last place by one game, bunch of losers. A 19 game losing streak bunch of losers. An Ashamed to admit youre a fan, bunch of losers. And still be able to make it to 102 points. Thats more than Lemieux in his rookie year and they didnt even do as bad that year. This makes me come to the conclusion that, surrounded with the right talent, Crosby would win this by a long shot. But, unfortunately, things didnt work out like that. Ovechkin had the better team this year. Through it all theyre both sensational in their own rights and there is going to be a big rivalry for many years. But, i still like Crosby way better. What else would you expect from a Pens fan?

Well in a fair world it will be split since had their not been a lock out OVechkin would have won last year and Crosby this year, but if you have seen the Ovechkin video you will undertsand why he gets over Crosby.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I know Ovechkin has more points than Crosby and will probably win, but let me ask you one thing. What if Ovechkin had played with a bunch of losers like Crosby did? I mean a, 2nd to last place by one game, bunch of losers. A 19 game losing streak bunch of losers. An Ashamed to admit youre a fan, bunch of losers. And still be able to make it to 102 points. Thats more than Lemieux in his rookie year and they didnt even do as bad that year. This  makes me come to the conclusion that, surrounded with the right talent, Crosby would win this by a long shot. But, unfortunately, things didnt work out like that. Ovechkin had the better team this year. Through it all theyre both sensational in their own rights and there is going to be a big rivalry for many years. But, i still like Crosby way better. What else would you expect from a Pens fan?

Well in a fair world it will be split since had their not been a lock out OVechkin would have won last year and Crosby this year, but if you have seen the Ovechkin video you will undertsand why he gets over Crosby.

i know he's had more "dazzling" plays. But, it doesnt matter how impressive your moves are. As long as you get it done. In my opinion, it takes more talent to make basic plays to get it done than getting yourself into a situation where only great plays can get you out. Besides, Crosby tends to make more assists. It takes talent to see a play well enough to set them up well to. They both are great, and both deserve to win, but, if Crosby had played on a team at least as good as the Caps he would win IMO.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

Archived