NBA Playoff Predictions

NJTank

I considered picking the Wizards then I recalled this is the NBA and in a 7th Game LeBron James will get every call and the Cavs will win becuase the NBA really really wants them in the 2nd Round.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I'm going with the upset on the Heat... 4 game sweep of the Bulls is giving them TOO much credit and not giving Chicago's backcourt enough. Especially when Zo is not back yet, thats their main defensive presence gone.

I'm saying Chicago wins in 6 or 7. I wouldn't be surprised if the Heat win, but I don't see the Heat as being as dominant as everyone makes them out to be. You contain Wade, and you win. End of story.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going with the upset on the Heat... 4 game sweep of the Bulls is giving them TOO much credit and not giving Chicago's backcourt enough. Especially when Zo is not back yet, thats their main defensive presence gone.

I'm saying Chicago wins in 6 or 7. I wouldn't be surprised if the Heat win, but I don't see the Heat as being as dominant as everyone makes them out to be. You contain Wade, and you win. End of story.

You're a Knicks fan. Nothing you say has any merit. :cursing:

You're a Knicks fan. Nothing you say has any merit.  :cursing:

:D

I confess, a lot of that was because I of course, hate Miami and want them to lose. But I really had confindance in Chicago's chances, just because their strengths are Miami's weaknesses - the perimeter. It's just real hard to keep shooting the percentages they were over the course of a 7 game series.

In all seriousness though, the Heat could not get past the Pistons last season, and they had a superior team. Had Miami stuck with the same roster and made minor changes, I'd say their chances are fine... but you can't possibly look at this Miami Heat team and say they are on the level of the Pistons, Spurs or even the Mavericks the way they're playing. They're a poor defensive team (minus Zo, of course), they don't have a dependable point guard (Payton isn't in his prime, so let's not go with him), James Posey provides some defense but is no threat offensively, Antoine Walker brings nothing valuable to the team aside from chucking some threes.... this team is not built for playoff basketball.

I'll tell you one thing, Miami should be a little scared of New Jersey. But one way or another, if not this series, then the next, Miami will be eliminated - by NJ or by Detroit.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

• 3 weeks later...
Looks good to me, although I think the Suns will give more of a fight.

Suns won't only give up a fight but they will win in 7. Pistons will beat the Heat in 6.

Also Tank this kind of cracked me up.

In the past the Suns have given them fits as last year they lost a series in the second round as former Maverick Steve Nash had a big series. However, the Suns had Amare Stoudamire, and Steve Nash was on fire. This year Nash is sputter, Stoudamire is hurt and the Mavericks as seen in beating Spurs on the road in Game 7 now understand what it takes to win in the playoffs

You're forgetting something here, Suns may not have Amare but they have gotten to the Western Conference Finals from players like Raja Bell, Jones, Barbosa and Marion. This is going to be a great series, both will be tired and both will go 7 games.

I think teh Mavs are that much better though as well, its not really a swipe at the Suns getting here was a greta job but they are not playing that great

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I think teh Mavs are that much better though as well, its not really a swipe at the Suns getting here was a greta job but they are not playing that great

They sure looked pretty good last night. I hope the Mavs don't plan on letting a 20 point lead go in the 4th against the Suns. Should be a great series.

PopHeading-1.gif

Archived