Saintsfan challenge

Saintsfan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...  Some very cool concepts in this challenge!  Kind of interesting how powder/sky/baby blue has come up in more than one concept here.  And mine's no different!  :P   I saw the original post on Monday, but due to the lack of free time after work (woo-hoo! I get a day off!) I finally have a chance to share my concepts.

Sharks Retro white/home

Sharks Retro dark/road

Okay...  I admit I cheated.  I used the WHA's LA Sharks logo, even though I wanted to use the WFL's Jacksonville Sharks logo.  Couldn't find it in my stuff (man, I miss the SLE) so I used what I had.  And yes, I do know there's an item missing on my road jersey.  If you look at NHLUniforms.com, there were a few NHL teams that did that.  Just trying to stay true to the era!  :D

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Finally got to finish my concepts. Too be honest, I'm not a big fan of uniform design. I like these challenges for the identity part. I did some digging in my design books for 70's logos for inspiration. I think it's might still be too sleek for the era but I think it has qualities from that timeframe. The unis are based on the late 70's Penguins and the colors are based on the era (or so say my color guide books). Enjoy!

Sharks70s1.gif

Sharks70s2.gif

Rozilla, you nailed it, man.  It screams 1973 and I mean that with the highest regard.  Nice work.  Overall there have been some great concepts in this thread - this is a fun contest to watch.

Archived