Monterrey fury

Evan

i was waiting for someome else to bring it up, but well i guess i will. The Monterrey Fury is the new expansion MISL (Major Indoor Soccer League) team.

Fury.jpg

yes that is there logo, uhh they will play at the Monterrey Arena, and are the first MISL team outside the U.S.

There uniforms aren't really anything special so i won't bother posting them but heres the link to there site http://www.monterreyfury.com/

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

I don't like that logo too much, the color combinations see fairly dirty (perhaps its the drop shadow?) and the red font on blue is tough to make out.

Off topic, but did the KC Attack change their name to the Comets?  I always thought their name was interesting because it was the only sports team I could think of that could be spelled the same front and back KCATTACK.

i noticed monterrey finally got their arena done...i thought they were sticking with La Raza, though.  the name sucks and the logo greatly accentuates the identity's lameness.  and i see what ya mean evan, just run of the mill unis.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The Comets were around long before the Attack, no?  They go all the way back to the old MISL days, always had a huge rivalry with the Steamers.

Why must soccer logos mostly suck?  ???

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The Comets were around long before the Attack, no? They go all the way back to the old MISL days, always had a huge rivalry with the Steamers.

Why must soccer logos mostly suck? ???

yeah...the original comets folded a few years before the original MISL did, and KC apparently never really took to the name Attack.

2016cubscreamsig.png

The 'new' MISL (the soccer league formerly known as the NPSL) took to renaming the clubs when the league changed names.

Baltimore Blast had been the Baltimore Spirit

Kansas City Comets had been the Kansas City Attack

Cleveland Force had been the Cleveland Crunch

They've since brought back the San Diego Sockers, St. Louis Steamers and Dallas Sidekicks, either through bringing the original MISL teams back from other leagues, or creating a new team with the same name.

While most would decry this, I actually think its pretty smart marketing.

nav-logo.png

Indoor Soccer is probably the only sport where retro rules without much resistance from fans.  For those who weren't around in the early 80's, the undisputed heyday of the MISL, indoor soccer was quite the rage with it's "rocket red" (translated - orange) ball, teams all over the country drawing 5 figure crowds (St. Louis routinely sold out the 18,000 seat Arena) and a decent cable tv contract (USA Network used to have Friday Night Soccer).  However, the league overexpanded thus grossly diluting the talent pool and the league lost Los Angeles, New York and Chicago in fairly short order, thus killing the TV contract and relegating the league back to obscurity.  It's trying to come back which is good and it's giving its franchises the old, familiar identities in an effort to revive interest, however I doubt very seriously this will ever get beyond say a 10-12 team league with marginal national interest.  Hope I'm wrong; the old MISL was relatively affordable family fun.

and to prove yhollander's point of retro ruling:

Cleveland Force, nee Crunch

Original Force home:

clevkc.jpg

'New' Force home

couch1013humphrey.jpg

the current Force is unique in that there are different logo identities for the home and away uniforms...the home is based on that of the old Force, and the road (not shown) has a completely different, more modern logo set

2016cubscreamsig.png

The info on the KC Attack/KC Comets is correct.  We had the Comets for years, even won a indoor title.  The StL Steamers was a big rival - dogfight is a better discription.

The team folded with the league the came the NPSL came along, KC was the Attack (cool logo), drew pretty good crowds but not enough to keep the league going.  The team had the city vote on the new team name and overwhelmingly the city voted to reinstate the "Comets" , so we've gone full circle.  

The old Comets logo was very"1980s and of low quality, simple but nothing exciting.  The new logo is a step up but nothing to brag about.   I've been to a couple of games - very exciting soccer.  We had a great time.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

St. Louis obviously had the Steamers a long time ago, but as for the new ones...

The St. Louis Ambush played in the NPSL most recently in the city of St. Louis in Savvis Center. Many of their players had played on the old Steamers. The new Steamers came around in St. Charles (still known as St. Louis) in the Family Arena in another league (WISL?). Most Ambush players went to the Steamers, and Ambush attendance declined. The Ambush pretty much folded, and the Steamers moved to the MISL, which I guess merged with the NPSL, though I thought the old Steamers league just changed names also...maybe it was the WISL...anyway, so it's kinda like in the end the Ambush and Steamers merged, but not really.

It's also the Whataburger logo.

Mmmmmmmm  Whataburger

That's what came to my mind - I get some Whataburger when I visit my mom in Dallas. Yum! :P

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived