Which one looks better

SDX

sd4.gif

I love this one. I think it looks more profesional then the others and the logo goes well with the wordmark. The colors and font are nice as well

"People borrow things all the time, if they change it enough its not so bad," you say, VCX?

WRONG! It IS bad, and it's bad EVERY time it happens. This is something that truly plagues the design industry, and to tolerate it to ANY degree is to accept it. And it is simply NOT acceptable.

Good, professional logo designers work very hard to create unique, memorable icons. How can anyone with their values and ethics in order think that it is in any way acceptable for a lazy, unqualified or just plain larcenous individual to co-opt the original designer's work and creativity?

If you can't design it yourself, don't be a designer -- it's that simple, really.

(And sjdyson2k: if you are not showing your own work, it's not ready for C&C... so DON'T show it!)

Imagine a judge saying this at sentencing: "I know you got caught stealing, but you did not really steal all THAT much, so it's okay." (Okay, given our permissive society and judicial system, this probably DOES happen, but it SHOULDN'T!)

So please, STOP the stealing, and stop accepting this unethical, unacceptable practice!

i like the first of the new ones. yes, borrowing or stealing is very wrong, and no respectable designer should ever do it, so don't do it ever again, and that applies to everyone.

"People borrow things all the time, if they change it enough its not so bad," you say, VCX?

WRONG! It IS bad, and it's bad EVERY time it happens. This is something that truly plagues the design industry, and to tolerate it to ANY degree is to accept it. And it is simply NOT acceptable.

Good, professional logo designers work very hard to create unique, memorable icons. How can anyone with their values and ethics in order think that it is in any way acceptable for a lazy, unqualified or just plain larcenous individual to co-opt the original designer's work and creativity?

If you can't design it yourself, don't be a designer -- it's that simple, really.

(And sjdyson2k: if you are not showing your own work, it's not ready for C&C... so DON'T show it!)

Imagine a judge saying this at sentencing: "I know you got caught stealing, but you did not really steal all THAT much, so it's okay." (Okay, given our permissive society and judicial system, this probably DOES happen, but it SHOULDN'T!)

So please, STOP the stealing, and stop accepting this unethical, unacceptable practice!

thank you.

it seems like whenever this topic arises, and i try to fight the good fight, the hacks come in droves to support their initiative.

:censored:, i can accept it (although barely) if the "designer" put a disclaimer in their post saying they borrowed an element. but to completely ignore it pisses me off to no end.

In this case, i respect the guy who stole more than the guy who defended him. The guy who stole changed it and went with what i'd hope is an original creation. The other guy honestly, seriously, completely, doesnt see anything wrong with the fact that poeple STEAL others' work.

Thats so sad, I think i'm gonna go home and kick my dog.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Paynomind, it seems to me that what you are talking about is which you consider to be the "lesser of two evils." But it must be emphasized that they are BOTH evils and that "changing something" -- no matter how little or how much of a change is made -- is simply NOT acceptable.

That eagle from Boston College's athletic identity came about as the result of talent developed over time by the individual (or individuals) at SME who created the original mark. If another person comes along who does not possess such talent, it is NOT okay to take a short cut by starting with someone else's work and "changing" it. There is no difference between doing that and stealing a car, doing some cosmetic body work and a new paint job to "change" it and then calling it your own.

To paraphrase what I said in my earlier post: if you can't design, DON'T design!

On a more positive note, kudos to the Creamer community. Because there are so many of you who are aware of the work that is out there, someone, somehow inevitably gets the word out when such design theft occurs. It's amazing, and it's wonderful to see.

It happened here when Ben Barnes immediately noticed the source of that eagle.

It happened when AstroBull21 recognized that the Golden Baseball League's All-Star Game logo was a rip-off of the Denver NBA All-Star Game mark.

And it happened when one of you turned in the Rockford Riverhawks (or, more accurately, the individual who "created" their recently-unveiled logo) for their virtual line-for-line copying of the Idaho Falls Chukars' logo.

You do realize that if it were not for you doing this, those teams and leagues would continue using those marks and the "designers" who stole them would continue such thievery. And I assure you that if Ben Barnes (or some one else, eventually) did not call out sjdyson2K, old sj would have gone ahead and used that eagle as opposed to just using it as a place holder while he is in the "planning stages," as he claimed. We're not stupid.

I really have started something haven't I. The reason i went with the eagle is because it is sheer class, but in the end my concious got the better of me so i changed it to my own 'X' I know stealing it is wrong :down: but it was just inspiration and something to start working from. ANyway, any comments on my other designs

logo.png

All the new logo's are influenced in some way by some logo. Some people change old logo's and call it their own, some people steal shield designs and call it their own.

I do all my stuff from scratch, i don't really take logo's and change them unless its for someone to use for fun or for an avatar (like the canucks logo and change the colours for example). I am all for creativity and originality, i do hate people that steal other people's work and ideas and call it their own. I've had it happen to me a ton of times, from school to work and even online.

Don't try that "judge i only.." crap, that works in soo many lame examples its pointless.

Ok so it is bad, alright, i said it. I don't do it, i don't encourage it or promote it. Alright, there?

Kill all the people that steal logo's, burn them all...or the infamous phrase "I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL"

execute logo stealers.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Archived