Flutie calls it a career after 21 seasons

brinkeguthrie

Busy week. First the last american from the titanic dies, now the last USFL player quits football. When will it end... :D

Seriously, he had a solid career and I think he'll do fine being a college football analyst.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Doug Flutie proved time and again that sometimes a big heart CAN make up for other shortcomings.

Even though he was listed at 5'10, 180lbs, after meeting him in person several times I'd swear he was smaller than that. It made what he did against football's behemoths year-in and year-out such a treat to watch. He gave Average Joes out there substance to the fantasy of actually being able to not only play professional sports, but also to excel at it as well.

Here's to you Doug, you made the game that much more enjoyable to watch.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Busy week. First the last american from the titanic dies, now the last USFL player quits football. When will it end... :D

It's truly the end of an era, well except that it's truly the end of two eras.

Gotta love the guy who was too small to be any good excelling (or at least playing well) in 3 leagues, being a champion in the fight against autism, and being a (perceived) good guy. Well done, Doug Flutie, well done.

He'll be great in the analyst role, too. He's a natural.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I'll always remember being in the Skydome for the Eastern Division Finals, Toronto vs. Montreal with Flutie at the helm, such a great game, he's always been a treat to watch play, he plays so much more than just his role as QB when he does.

Heres hoping that the Argos honour him at some point this season.

Still he will be missd--he had a lot of talent, and his CFL years were fun to watch.

In fact at his retirement press conference he said his CFL years were the most fun he had playing football.

He was even better to watch in person.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Here's to a man who was fortunate enough to have fun during his entire career. The man is an athlete?he is good at basketball, football, golf, hockey (pretty good goalie), drums, and raising awareness for autism.

Cheers, Doug.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

One of my favorite FLutie images was seeing him lose a shoe while scoring a late TD to get to the Grey Cup in 92.

And he annihilated the Bombers in that game.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived