Concept - R.C. Charlotte

WJMorris3

Well, the World Cup is coming up shortly, so I decided to reach into my (admittedly shallow) bag of tricks to come up with a concept. I based this possible MLS team's uniform partially off the Croatian national team's uniform. The clash kit is partially based off traditional South American kits, with a sash.

The players chosen were both chosen because they are from North Carolina originally. The sponsor was mainly chosen because they were a well-known (in the South, at least) hamburger chain. The name was given a slight French flair, using RC (similar to RC Lens or RC Strasbourg).

rccharlotte.png

Critiques, comments... well, laughter as well... welcome!

EDIT: Just finished goalie kits, so I'm posting them in.

rccgoalies.png

LvZYtbZ.png

I love it...you had me at checkers :D and this reminds me of how crappy my soccer temp is :hockeysmiley: (shoot, I hardly use it...doing aussie rules concepts is just too damn addicting :) )

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I dont know if it was intentional or not but the home kit ties in with the areas rich NASCAR history. Very well done.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I dont know if it was intentional or not but the home kit ties in with the areas rich NASCAR history. Very well done.

I thought the same thing. The R.C. (i.e. Racing Club) name is also particularly appropriate. I like the look of both sets.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

But the checkers work. It's very Eastern-European (in a good way!).

Charlotte is associated with racing more than any other industry, and the city embraces it. Using the checkers as a design element acknowledges that connection, as well as echoes the Eastern European teams that have such kits.

The change kit is nice, as well (although most MLS kits are white away, so you'd need to adapt).

I like it, and it fits in well with the racing theme.

And, I highly doubt that this was intentional (or maybe you're a race fan and pulled one over on us) but the blue and yellow kit also has a racing tie-in. The blue-and-yellow flag:

Blueflag.png

is used pretty rarely to suggest that lapped (slower) cars move over to let the leader by. It holds the distinction of being the only optional flag Nascar (not sure about other series') uses...the slower cars don't have to move over. I guess that could have a "Hey, move over...we're coming through" vibe as well, which could work for a soccer team :D

And I'm confused about the sponsor..."well-known" in the South, but I've never heard of it? Maybe I missed something...

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Heh, I'm onto this. :D

Yellow goalie kit: Caution, this one's getting stopped.

And the black and white saltire is a rarely-used Nascar flag meaning that a driver is disqualified...which also works, goalies "disqualifying" shots and all.

I think a "red flag" kit would be appropriate as well...in any case, very creative, I like it!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived