2006 WORLD CUP - GERMANY

Normally, I'm not a big rah-rah flagwaver USA kind of guy....

...but this is the US MNT we're talking about here. So, USA! USA!

IMG_7997.jpg

I was there when they qualified (tough to see me, I'm in the far upper-left), and I wish I could be in Germany. There will be plenty of First Minnesota Volunteers there, however, and I'm taking time off to watch the US games live.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Its going to be a lot of fun. Does anyone know what the US coverage is going to be like? I heard that only 11 games were going to be live. Is that true? I'm going home (currently in India) a third of the way through so I was wondering what the coverage will be like. Here in India they're having tripleheaders everyday on ESPN starting at 6 PM, so I'm guessing the US coverage should at least have more than 11 games live.

Normally, I'm not a big rah-rah flagwaver USA kind of guy....

...but this is the US MNT we're talking about here. So, USA! USA!

There will be plenty of First Minnesota Volunteers there, however, and I'm taking time off to watch the US games live.

Hmmmm, take time off to watch the US games? Not a bad idea...

Monday, June 12 (noon) - Sounds like an extended lunch for me.

Saturday, June 17 (2:30) - They'll be televising the game on the big-screen live at Gillette Stadium prior to the Revolution game. Revs Head coach Steve Nichol will be providing an analysis of the game during the half. I'll be there, naturally.

Thursday, June 22 (10am) - Hmmm, I'll be travelling to Baltimore that day with my godparents for an extended weekend. Hopefully, we'll be leaving in the afternoon so I can watch the game in AM.

GO USA! :D

That is too inaccurate:

Paraguay.gif

It's PARAGUAY (in Castillan), not "Paraguái" (it's Portuguese). Paraguay has as official languages to Castillan and Guaraní.

Switzerland.gif

I'd put here the Argentinean sig but its light blue tone is also inaccurate. Too light.

I went with the offical names from Flags of the World, so my translations may be off slightly. I'll fix them tomorrow (too much to do today) and as for the Argentina one, how far off is it, my color perception is weak in the pale blues.

Let's take the accurate Argentinean light blue from this image.

bandera.jpg

Don't forget changing "Paraguái" with Paraguay. You can verify the exact name from Paraguay's Wikipedia chapter.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Its going to be a lot of fun. Does anyone know what the US coverage is going to be like? I heard that only 11 games were going to be live. Is that true? I'm going home (currently in India) a third of the way through so I was wondering what the coverage will be like. Here in India they're having tripleheaders everyday on ESPN starting at 6 PM, so I'm guessing the US coverage should at least have more than 11 games live.

All 64 games here in the USA will be broadcast live(and in HD, at least in English) on ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, Univision(Spanish), Telefutura(Spanish) and Setana Sports(For those who pay the $19.95 monthly fee, you will get German-speaking coverage).

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

All 64 games here in the USA will be broadcast live(and in HD, at least in English) on ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, Univision(Spanish), Telefutura(Spanish) and Setana Sports(For those who pay the $19.95 monthly fee, you will get German-speaking coverage).

Sweet. Thanks. You sure bet I'm gonna be watching every single game (or at least taping them). I've been following this thing since qualifying began.

Uncle Sam's Army Represent. being an American, I want to see us do well over everyone else. my heart's with England though too, and having studied Japanese for six years I also hope that Japan can get through to the knockouts too (SHUNSUKE!).

at least the games are shown at a reasonable hour on the left coast - 6 am, 9 am and noon. can't complain about that.

harperdc.gif

EA Sports ran a simulation of the World Cup.

Semifinals

Czech Republic 2, Germany 1

Brazil 2, Argentina 2 (Brazil wins on PK)

Third Place

Argentina 3, Germany 1

Final

Czech Republic 2, Brazil 1 (not likely to really happen since the Czech have too

many injuries and they're predictable)

Other results:

-Italy & Portugal knocked out in the group stages

-Costa Rica making it to the quarter finals before losing to Argentina

-USA beating Italy 3-2, Ghana 2-0 & drawing Czechs 2-2 before losing

to Brazil 3-2 in the Round of 16

Sweet. Thanks. You sure bet I'm gonna be watching every single game (or at least taping them). I've been following this thing since qualifying began.

Same here, i'm an avid soccer fan, and i've been following since qualifications...mostly on ESPNsoccernet. This will be my first world cup, where I actually know all the players on most of the squads, and I can't wait to watch some of the young guns, like Messi, Ryan Babel, Theo Walcott, Carlos Tevez etc... also it will be cool to see players play in their National kits, like Kolo Toure and Emanual Eboue, who i've only seen in gunner Red!

Archived