If the penguins were to move to quebec...

zig

This is just an concept i that i made like 2 months ago. I just really made it to switch the nordiques colors with the penguins colors. I think if the penguins move it would be cool to see them where something like this.

penguinsquebecswitch.gif

C&C Please

It's not a bad concept. It's basically a recoloring, but it doesn't look bad at all. The only thing I can say is that the blue penguin won't show up well on a blue jersey. Putting the fleur-de-lis down in the corners on the jersey there was creative too. Overall not bad. Good job.

You don't want the triangle in the logo because, as far as I know, the triangle represents Pittsburgh, as in the three rivers. Maybe the fleur de lis could replace the triangle ... or maybe that would make it look too busy.

Also, I personally like black for the Penguins ... just because real penguins are black and white. Think tuxedos, or nuns (I'm Lutheran, so I think of tuxedos over nuns).

You don't want the triangle in the logo because, as far as I know, the triangle represents Pittsburgh, as in the three rivers. Maybe the fleur de lis could replace the triangle ... or maybe that would make it look too busy.

Also, I personally like black for the Penguins ... just because real penguins are black and white. Think tuxedos, or nuns (I'm Lutheran, so I think of tuxedos over nuns).

Tried to use the fleur de lis as a backgroungd to the penguin- tell me what you think

penslogo2.gif

This is just an concept i that i made like 2 months ago. I just really made it to switch the nordiques colors with the penguins colors. I think if the penguins move it would be cool to see them where something like this.

penguinsquebecswitch.gif

C&C Please

First, penguins are black not blue. Secondly, the triangle behind the penguin stands for Pittsburghs' "Golden Triangle", a geographical feature created by two rivers converging into one. So it's a Pittsburgh thing.

Sorry I'm so hostile, but I'm going to be pretty pissed if my Pens move away.

penguinsquebecswitch.gif

C&C Please

First, penguins are black not blue. Secondly, the triangle behind the penguin stands for Pittsburghs' "Golden Triangle", a geographical feature created by two rivers converging into one. So it's a Pittsburgh thing.

Sorry I'm so hostile, but I'm going to be pretty pissed if my Pens move away.

yeah i agree with you. I don't want the pens to move at all. I switched the triangle to fleur de lis to get rid of the pittsburgh influence as you see in my last update

Introducing black is a backwards step, IMO. The fleur de lis you're using as the BG looks warped and pixellated; hard to really judge its design competency with it like that. Even if it were crisp, I'd consider bordering it with some colour at least.

Meanwhile, I really don't think Pittsburgh hold a claim to triangles (see the Preds' whites, for instance); the design works better with it.

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

I think the Penguins do hold claim to triangles. The triangle itself was an integral part of all the Penguin logos, even the flying pigeon logo. The triangle represents the "Golden Triangle", the downtown area of Pittsburgh which is on the land in the middle of the confluence where the Allegheny and the Monongahela meet to form the Ohio. The triangle has been gold on the logo even before gold was an official color of the Penguins. Remember they started as baby blue and navy. Other teams have used the triangle in recent years, the Sharks, Ducks, Preds, and even the New York Knickerbockers, but I believe the Pens were the first, and that should hold claim to any team, like the Yankees and pinstripes.

Archived