Redesigning the NHL

patsox

first in a series. Some of these are a little out there, but im trying to give each team a more distingushable look while staying within reality

UP FIRST:

The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim

anaheim.png

c+c please...

They're novel, but I wouldn't want to see either of these on the ice.

DUCKS: The 2nd sweater - for home games or away? It's half white, so it can't be used anywhere. And I am unsure why the team crest is smaller than the sponsor's logo... which is disturbingly conspicuous.

BRUINS: Better, and not really that bad overall, but in need of serious cleanup. Chunks of colors out of place on both sweaters, and the striping pattern is far from clean. Why are the underarm gussets white on an all-black sweater? Why are the collars chopped off on both sweaters?

Slow down and take a little more time - these aren't minor details, these are huge parts of your designs you're zipping through. And it shows.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Are you trying to make these look like soccer unis? Even if you're not, they look too plain to be "staying within reality."

Anyway, I agree with steiny_ramone. The crest on the Ducks sweater is too small, and the RBK logo is too big. The crest looks better on the B's sweater, but still that RBK logo is ginormous.

They may not look all that hot, but I've seen worse and am intrigued as well as to how you'll do the rest.

Twitter • Facebook • Instagram • LinkedIn • Tumblr

These concepts are pretty good ideas, but, bad execution. You use the same template i do, i see. Little trick i learned for that template. Go to Sportslogos.net and go to the NHL. The logos you click on to see the rest of the team's logos are perfectly sized for that template, just copy & paste.

Overall, theyre unique ideas, wouldnt want to see them on ice though. Clean 'em up and make the logos bigger and theyll look much better.

oBIgzrL.png

Slow down! It looks like you have some good ideas, but they're being lost in the poor execution.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Some of these are pretty nice like the thrashers one, but along with the thrashers these arn't very clean, the lines on the jerseys arn't straight, on the thrashers jersey it looks like part of the current jerseys is there. stuff like that im not liking.

Honestly can't say i am a big fan of any of those jersies. They are too soccer-ish for me to like. Even the LA kings jersey that they had back in the late 90's and early 00's with the king's head was a little more hockey-ish rather than completely too soccer inspired.

Not trying to be rude or diss you, just putting my 2 cents down.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

all these jerseys would benifit from a little cleaning up. I do like the generale idea i just wouldn't want to see these as primary jerseys, i see them as like rbk fasion jerseys or alts. I would like to see a devils or another original 6 team next

Rasta-Hawks? No thanks. Most of these are very good, originla designs, but please clean up your next one before you post it. It's so distracting; you have big chunks of logos on the sides of these, bits and pieces of the jersey partsyou cut and pasted...

Please just take some time to go over all the outlines of the jerseys so there's no big gaps in the template, or colour outside the lines etc.

Look, I'm going to ask an honest question here.

Do you read your feedback?

You ask for C&C. Including the post you're presently reading, 8 of the 19 responses mention the sloppiness of your work. Whether it's stripes that aren't straight, borders that aren't clean, underarm gussets left uncolored, scraps of color that don't belong where they are, or shoddy edges on the things you pasted onto your template (RBK logos, team crests), your work is rushed and looks very sloppy. If this is how you want to present yourself, the critiques you receive will go from there. You're only hurting yourself, because people look at your work noticing all of the sloppiness, not the quality of your designs. Some of them are actually pretty decent, but they're such a mess in terms of sweating the details that your creativity is lost.

Moreover, you ask for people's comments. But judging by the continued sloppiness of your concepts, you ignore the comments you're seeking. And when over 40% of those comments are all telling you the same thing, you ought to consider listening.

So... if you're not going to bother reading what people think, why should people bother writing?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived