Redesigning the NHL

patsox

I don't know that he's listening--the Flames is the worst for going outside the lines--and it does nothing for me.

Spend some time--clean them up & get rid of the white spots around the logo--even if it means zooming in & doing it pixel by pixel.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I just don't feel this. You gotta clean 'em up first, then present them. Try to make things a little more professional before you present them. Good work though!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

honestly, i don't care for any these, maybe with the exception of the Sabres. Which is pretty cool. VitaminD pretty much covered the problem with execution.

i wouldn't even call most of these out of the box, they look if anything unfinished. it looks like you started on them, and 1/4 of the way through, you decided you were done and started posting them as the finished product. I don't mind wacky, crazy and out of the box designs, Discrimihator did a project here while back where he did a NFL summer league where all the team jerseys were out of the box. which was pretty cool. These lack effort and creativity.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I hate to state the obvious like everyone else has, but I offer one quote from a commercial years ago that echos what everyone's thinking:

"Stay within the lines. The lines are our friends."

VmWIn6B.png

I'm not sure what I could add except what's already been said. These do look more like soccer crossover ideas than straight hockey jerseys but either way I like the ideas. The designs work.

My problems are the same as everyone else:

1. Sloppy work. Not taking the time to present a finalized and professional looking product.

2. Failure to recognize the C&C you ask for. You simply state "sorry for the cleanliness" then present another sloppy concept.

3. My own personal pet peeve. Presenting a concept which simply takes the same colors and logos as the team uses now and presents them in a different way. I'm sure that still qualifies as a concept but I'm slowly growing tired of this sort of thing. Still...based on your level of work, perhaps that's just where you're still at right now. You just aren't quite ready to start designing your own original logos yet.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

2. Failure to recognize the C&C you ask for. You simply state "sorry for the cleanliness" then present another sloppy concept.

I dont mean to be rude, but i dont blieve the avalanche one was sloppy at all.

The alignment of the stripes on some of these plus some of the circles on the Whalers jerseys look like you attempted to round them off or fill them in by hand. Are you using MS Paint or something for these?

I gotta be honest dude, these are awfully raw. forget the RBK logo entirely, that would likely go on the back of the jersey near the neck anyway, and use larger team logos.

I will say the Chicago Blackhawks with the rasta stripes made me chuckle. If they keep drawing the attendance figures that they do each year, they may end up in Jamaica after all.

Some of these guys giving feedback are real pros at this. Listen to them and keep trying. Don't get discouraged.

mainescarf.png

I dont mean to be rude, but i dont blieve the avalanche one was sloppy at all.

Take a good look at it. Can you honestly say that every line is even, that there are no extra bits of colour ect. just hanging around, that nothing looks out of place? Because no one else can.

Ditch them all!

a little frank, but yeah its true - i think you're trying too hard to make something new, and while you claimed in the original post that they weren't that far out there, i think we can all honestly say that if these sweaters were given to NHL teams, they'd laugh at them

worldchampsll1.png

Archived