Rangers vs. Royals

TurnTwo

I have to think that this was definitely a mix-up. I believe that happened in an Illinois/Wisconsin basketball game a couple years back and it was a mix-up by the equipment manager. I can't imagine that both teams would wear virtually the same uniforms on purpose.

:blink:

da3c40ff-3e8a-41fe-8101-ef1b106aec84.jpg

acf32f7d-c63b-42ee-8c5a-71de3836077b.jpg

PLUS the fact that the two jerseys are actually similarly designed, in that both are blue with white piping around the sleeves only, with white wordmarks (although Royals is script and Texas has a red outline, that's only visible up close tho), and the hats are blue with white logos (again, the KC and T are pretty distinguishable, but still). Add to that the only difference in the pants is the colors gray and white, and really CAN look almost the same at times. Both have blue piping down the side as well. I also believe both teams are wearing black cleats. Minor quibble, but just adds to the confusion. I love the Rangers and hate the Royals, but can't help but think Texas should have given way to the home team here. It's just WAAAYY too easy to pin this on the....well.....I was gonna use a term such as incompetent, or something similar, but that would also be...ROYALS. B)

Baseball teams should clearly have clash kits for when they're playing teams with like colors.

Right. I think I might die if baseball in the U.S. starts taking its cues from soccer, but it is World Cup time, after all.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

The game was in Kansas City, so both teams got that part right. I guess it's my Rangers' faults.

I have to think that this was definitely a mix-up.

It may have been a case where the starting pitcher that night for the Rangers decided he wanted to wear blue, if the Rangers are one of those clubs where the starting pitcher decides. Same could apply to the Royals. If that is the case, I doubt each pitcher sat there and wondered what the other team would wear, and if they did, they probably didn't care. If a player gets to choose his uniform, he might go with one color all the time if he's the superstitious type.

I'm not as up on the Rangers and Royals uniform choices as I am about teams like the Cubs and Astros. I know the Cubs let the starting pitcher choose, which is why I've never seen Carlos Zambrano in anything other than a blue top on the mound. And the Astros' choices are usually dictated by the day of the week.

Obviously, there's no rule against two teams wearing the same colored top, so it's not a mix-up, or anybody's fault. But I agree with those that say this shouldn't happen. Both teams in a game shouldn't wear dark tops at the same time -- ever. And home team oughta get first choice.

Of all sports, baseball is probably the one that you can get away with it the most because the players are not all intertwined together...but it does look very bush league and teams should know what the other team will sport if you have similar colors.

KISSwall09.jpg

As recently as last year, the Rangers permitted the starting pitcher to select the uniform for each game. Kenny Rogers always selected the alternate jersey, regardless of whether the Rangers at home or away, and regardless of what the other team was wearing.

Since there has not been any shake-up at the managerial level, it could be that this is still the method used by the Rangers to choose each game's jersey.

As recently as last year, the Rangers permitted the starting pitcher to select the uniform for each game. Kenny Rogers always selected the alternate jersey, regardless of whether the Rangers at home or away, and regardless of what the other team was wearing.

Since there has not been any shake-up at the managerial level, it could be that this is still the method used by the Rangers to choose each game's jersey.

I don't think they have a choice. If the Royals are home and want to wear blue, the pitcher is gonna wear gray and like it.

Archived