Rangers vs. Royals

TurnTwo

Yes, there should be league-wide rules against both teams wearing dark-colored alternates. It looks bush league. I suspect, however, that Bud has more pressing issues on his mind at the moment.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

In baseball, I think it's more acceptable, though it still looks terrible. In baseball, you're not throwing to a teammate who has a defender on him like in basketball, football, or (!) ultimate. :P Both teams can to wear dark in ultimate as long as the team captains agree that the colors are different enough to be easily differentiated by players.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

My poor visioned grandmother had a heckuva time figuring out which team was which. She can't read the names on the jerseys so usually it's "The Rangers are wearing the grey jerseys with the blue sleeves" or "they're wearing all white" or "they're wearing all grey" or "they're wearing white with the dark sleeves" or...nevermind, just watch the Mavericks.

usa-sm.giffinland-sm.gifstars1-sm.gifdall1-sm.gif

I definitely wish it was better co-ordinated so we can avoid situation like this.

Back in 2000 (maybe 2001), the Frontier League's London Werewolves played a doubleheader in which both teams were wearing dark blue alternates in the first game. When they came out for the second game, the Werewolves were wearing their whites, while the opponent was still wearing their alternates.

So tacky. It looks like a Spring Training game. I'm surprised that there aren't pitchers doing sprints in the outfield while the ball is in play.

That's what I thought. It looked like a spring training game. I don't have a problem with both teams wearing colours as long as the colours are different. :wacko:

I saw, I came, I left.

As far as I know this doesn't happen often and isn't SUPPOSED to happen. So perhaps there was a mixup in one locker room? Maybe the Royals didn't take their grays to Texas or something?

As far as I know this doesn't happen often and isn't SUPPOSED to happen. So perhaps there was a mixup in one locker room? Maybe the Royals didn't take their grays to Texas or something?

The game was actually in KC but I see what you mean.

"I must be butter, because I'm on a roll."

Turn Two Design // Facebook

There's only one problem with that statement: the Royals were the home team in the pictures. I guess that's an understandable mistake given that both teams are wearing the same friggin' color jerseys.

QPR%20Sig.png

Leave it to the Royals to mess it all up.

Further confounding the issue, the Rangers are wearing "Texas" at home, and the Royals are wearing "Royals" on the road. It's madness, I tells ya.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

My poor visioned grandmother had a heckuva time figuring out which team was which. She can't read the names on the jerseys so usually it's "The Rangers are wearing the grey jerseys with the blue sleeves" or "they're wearing all white" or "they're wearing all grey" or "they're wearing white with the dark sleeves" or...nevermind, just watch the Mavericks.

You watch baseball with your grandmother? That's pretty cool.

When my grandmother was alive, the only sport she liked watching with me was, honest to god, WCW professional wrestling.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Further confounding the issue, the Rangers are wearing "Texas" at home, and the Royals are wearing "Royals" on the road. It's madness, I tells ya.

The game was in Kansas City, so both teams got that part right. I guess it's my Rangers' faults. Should have worn grey.

Chris

Yes, this I think crosses the line of two colors too close together. I can see if it was like black and blue, or red and blue for the two teams, because theres some differences. Its kinda funny though because grey and white arnt too much different, but its more different then blue and... blue.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

The game was in Kansas City, so both teams got that part right. I guess it's my Rangers' faults. Should have worn grey.

Chris

Theoretically, the home team should have their all uniforms available- they ought to be able to switch to their whites if there is a conflict. that being said, it's likely that teams travel with both their greys and their coloured unis- therefore they could change as well- it ought to be part of the home field advantage, in my opinion.

And as far as both wearing coloured jerseys, I went to a Toronto-Tampa game a couple weeks back and didn't mind that, the black vs. the green. the double blue, on the other hand, is just wrong.

Archived