Retro jerseys with modern numbers?

Tazz013

Nope, from as far as I know, right now that's the only "retro" style jersey right now for that style. I was hoping they would make them just like the 1980's style, but the fonts are going to stay like they are now.

Speaking of Brewers retro font, I know it's not as "old school" but I always liked the script on their jeresy better than the block letter they're using:

al_1990_milwaukee.gif

EDIT: Now that I'm looking through dressed to the nines, Milwaukee never ACTUALLY wore the throwbacks they're wearing now; when they had the block font with the pinstripes, they used the pullover jerseys not button-downs (in the early 80s). before that there were no pinstripes, and after that they used the script font.

Is that accurate, or is DttN wrong?

You are correct.

But the Brewers never claimed that these were accurate throwbacks to any particular year. They're "retro" in that they're inspired by the classic uniforms, with modern touches.

For example, in addition to the fact that you mention about the block letters only being worn with pullovers, the glove logo never appeared on a Brewers jersey before this. But that's one of the updates they gave it.

The Brewers have worn several different number styles with the pinstripes and glove. The numbers worn on Sundays match one of them.

As for the MLB shop website, I wouldn't worry about it. It's not very accurate in representing what they actually deliver. If you order from them, you'll get the same style that the club wears.

Does anyone know if the Brewers' retro jerseys at MLB.com come with the new style common font like the picture suggests or the accurate, on-field, 1980's common font?

I've ordered a couple of authentic customized jerseys from them before. You get the style the players wear. It won't have any odd or different fonts on them. The graphics on the website don't always keep up with the actual products.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

So, if I were to order a Corey Koskie jersey, for example, it would look like this and not this, correct?

I've seen the style guide for this year, and noticed that it has the wront font for the numbers and name, so that's one of the reasons why I'm asking.

Save the slugalo.

Where did you see the style guide?

I was given a wallpaper-sized image by a member of the organization. It looks like the club art files you see at mlbguide.com, except for 2006.

Save the slugalo.

is there an nba, nfl or nhl website like that mlbguide.com?

I know the NHL has one through LOD, but it's requires a password (there isn't a no-download site), the NBA has something similar on their media site, and I don't know about the NFL (I assume they would at least have a password protected download site, but I don't know what it is).

Save the slugalo.

This is directly from the MLB Style Guide:

MilwaukeeBrewers_AU_2006-9999_SOL.jpg

As far as other Style Guides go...yes, Logos on Demand has official graphics for the NHL, MLS, AFL, af2, CFL, many Collegiate and others. Gots ta have access to get in. The NBA/WNBA/D-League (as was mentioned) has all of the official stuff on their own media site, and the NFL has a Consumer Products secure area.

This is directly from the MLB Style Guide:

MilwaukeeBrewers_AU_2006-9999_SOL.jpg

As far as other Style Guides go...yes, Logos on Demand has official graphics for the NHL, MLS, AFL, af2, CFL, many Collegiate and others. Gots ta have access to get in. The NBA/WNBA/D-League (as was mentioned) has all of the official stuff on their own media site, and the NFL has a Consumer Products secure area.

And, obviously, PANTONE does not have access to any of them.

Cards.png

So, if I were to order a Corey Koskie jersey, for example, it would look like this and not this, correct?

I've seen the style guide for this year, and noticed that it has the wront font for the numbers and name, so that's one of the reasons why I'm asking.

Although I am not willing to bet $250 of my money on you getting the correct item, I say with a reasonable amount of certainty you'll get the first one.

I'll put it this way: as a stickler for details on these sorts of things, I don't have any reservations about ordering from them. I've ordered 3 custom authentics from them (alt navy Brewers, home Angels, BP Astros), and they all came back according to the correct specs.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived