silhouetted batter

dannyf113

I've never understood this logo. Don't get me wrong I think it is a pretty quality logo, but where the ball is and where the bat is, there is absolutely no way he would catch up to that ball.

It's posts like this that just make me want to go AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :wacko:

Don't take stuff so literally, it's just a frickin' logo that is supposed to represent "baseball", not a diagram of how to hit a ball. Sheesh. :mad:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Well, I guess I can buy the Killebrew explanation. Now, slightly more difficult, who is this supposed to be modeled after?

CWS_751.gif

Talk about not being able to hit a pitch :blink:

LT

Oh, that's just got to be Greg Luzinski.

luzinski.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I remember when the MLB logo came out for the 100th anniversary of baseball in 1969, they made a point that it can be either a left-handed batter or a right-handed batter.

The theory, of course, is that it's Harmon Killebrew, and it really looks like him, although MLB will never say. That's in contrast to the NBA, which will pretty much tell you that its logo is of Jerry West.

The theory, of course, is that it's Harmon Killebrew, and it really looks like him, although MLB will never say. That's in contrast to the NBA, which will pretty much tell you that its logo is of Jerry West.

The NBA denies that their logo is Jerry West.

http://www.copycense.com/trademark/index.html

"The NBA logo is, outside of the Olympic rings and the Nike "swoosh," the world's most recognizable sports emblem. For years, players, fans and journalists have assumed that the figure depicted within the familiar NBA logo is Jerry West, the Los Angeles Lakers' Hall of Fame guard and the current president of basketball operations for the Memphis Grizzlies.

"And yet, in a league with a well-deserved reputation for hyping even the most mundane milestone, the NBA did not celebrate the recent 35th anniversary of the logo's unveiling. The league has also refused to acknowledge publicly that West is the player in the logo. A high-ranking NBA official who asked that his name not be used told me that the identification of West is an 'urban myth' and that the league has 'no definitive records' about who designed the logo."

David Davis. If West Is the NBA's Logo, Should He Be? Fox Sports. Feb. 18, 2006.

Archived