New Bowl Game for City of Houston

rock55choc

New Houston Bowl Game Link The city of Houston will be getting a new bowl to replace the Houston Bowl. As you may have known, Houston Bowl officials still have not made their proper payments to the BIG XII and MWC after Iowa State and Texas Christian competed in last year's game. So, enter this new group of bowl leaders. This news got me to thinking. The bowl has yet to be named .... I had always thought that the old Houston Bowl would have been better served having the name of Lone Star Bowl ... well ta da !! This group that received the bowl rights is named "Lone Star Sports and Enterntainment". I think the new bowl should be called the Lone Star Bowl. Anyone else have any ideas ?? I would like to see your suggestions for the new bowl game's name. Thanks guys.
LibertyBowl.png

Call me cynical, but how about:

"The Unnecessary Bowl"

"The Superfluous Bowl"

"The 'Congrats on your 6-5 Season' Bowl"

Sorry, but the glut of college football bowl games is reaching critical mass. Do we really need 31 bowl games? Every year, there are barely 62 bowl-eligible teams. Most of the teams wind up losing money on going to these games anyway.

If they have to have a game in Houston, Lone Star Bowl's fine. But the concept of a bowl game in Houston isn't. Nothing against Houston - it'd be a bad idea no matter where they held the game. :therock:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Call me cynical, but how about:

"The Unnecessary Bowl"

"The Superfluous Bowl"

"The 'Congrats on your 6-5 Season' Bowl"

Sorry, but the glut of college football bowl games is reaching critical mass. Do we really need 31 bowl games? Every year, there are barely 62 bowl-eligible teams. Most of the teams wind up losing money on going to these games anyway.

If they have to have a game in Houston, Lone Star Bowl's fine. But the concept of a bowl game in Houston isn't. Nothing against Houston - it'd be a bad idea no matter where they held the game. :therock:

:notworthy:

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Just a clarification for you VitaminD :

It's not like the concept of a bowl game in Houston is a brand new idea. There has already been a game there for about 5 seasons. The old Houston Bowl merely lost its funding. This is simply a new group of investors stepping up to make sure the city of Houston still has a bowl. It is not a brand new concept. It is just a bowl in the same city, replacing the old one. Understand better now ?

LibertyBowl.png

I'm more worried about who the title sponsor's gonna be! It's probaly gonna be lsome thing like The Sponsor's Name Bowl presented by this Sponsor's Name

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

Another bowl? When they put in the New Orleans Bowl, and some team from the Sun Belt conference got in by winning their conference...with a losing record, that's when I decided that these bowl games are getting outta control.

But then again, it is a good thing because as dumb as it is to reward a team for going 6-5 with a trip to Las Vegas, it's even better to reward a 7-4 team with a trip to Boise, Idaho :D

Archived