MLB Flag Caps

John3020

Hello Everyone,

I'm a first time caller, long time listener. I was wondering if anyone knows where to get an Authentic MLB (Yankees) hat with the flag on the side? I've looked online and at the mall with no luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Thanks for the link! I must have skimmed over the New Era site too fast and missed it.

I'm a little nervous ordering caps online. The last few times I've been burned. I order my normal size 7 3/8 knowing that it will shrink. Sometimes it would be too tight and other times too loose. And I'm a 'tweener on the BP caps. M/L is too tight. L/XL is loose.

I'm a little nervous ordering caps online. The last few times I've been burned. I order my normal size 7 3/8 knowing that it will shrink. Sometimes it would be too tight and other times too loose. And I'm a 'tweener on the BP caps. M/L is too tight. L/XL is loose.

Interesting.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I'm a little nervous ordering caps online.  The last few times I've been burned.  I order my normal size 7 3/8 knowing that it will shrink.  Sometimes it would be too tight and other times too loose.  And I'm a 'tweener on the BP caps.  M/L is too tight.  L/XL is loose.

Interesting.

Actually thats not just online. I have a newera cap collection, close to 30 or so, and I have many that are the same size, and they all fit kind of diferently. (I bought them all in stores) Its just the way they make them I assume. But then again online, you dont get the comfort of trying them on..... So buyer beware...

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

The Minnesota Twins Pro Shop has game used hats in stock. As of last week they had some with the flag on the side ON CLEARANCE starting at $15 for GAME USED hats. The $15 hats were mostly coaches, backups and bullpen inhabitants. There are hats of more recognizable players starting at $25, but that is still no more than ordering one.

BroncosSig.jpg

i would advise not to get the hats with the flag on the side. they are cheaply done. they are just flags glued on to the side, and have a tendency to fall off after a while. the best thing to go is go to a good embrodery shop and have them put one on the side for you.

only decent flag on the side hats i have seen are the WBC hats.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

Thanks for the advice. In the past I can remember Lids/Hat World carrying them. Maybe they don't sell that well, so the stores don't stock them??

I did have a flag embroidered on a hat after 9/11 and it turned out very nice.

Are all the hats with the flags made the same? The ones like the players wore?

Because several of the Indians today didn't have flags on the their hats and the one Pronk had was at a 45° angle hanging over his ear, looking like it was falling off.

Because several of the Indians today didn't have flags on the their hats and the one Pronk had was at a 45° angle hanging over his ear, looking like it was falling off.

they might not have gotten the shipment with the flag hats in yet.

and like i said they do tend to fall off.

my store never gets them and i am happy about it. maybe a store that has a team in that city will get them but i never have.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

Yeah, that's actually a big problem with the way they do the flag caps. They just GLUE the darn things on. The first year they did them, they were actually embroidered on, but now it's just a glue on patch. Paul Lukas' Uni Watch Blog just did a whole entry about the awful stick-on flags.

I had a dissapointing experience with the stick on hat patches, too. I bought one of the 100 anniversary Yankees hats, expecting to get an embroidered logo on the side, as it was all I had ever seen as an option for a side patch to that point. I was sadly dissapointed to find out that the patch was glued on.

yanks-100th.jpg

Being the kind of person who likes to throw their hat in the washing machine on gentle and shrink it down (I have a whole hat-shrinking ritual, which I won't get in to here), predictably, the patch fell right off, and I was forced to try to find some way to re-affix it. I ended up buying some fabric glue at a craft store and gluing it back on, but I haven't worn the hat since the day I glued that patch back on, because I'm always afraid it's going to fall off. Ugh, never again.

If I can find an old embroidered flag logo hat for one of my teams, I might buy it, but NEVER will I buy one of those glued on travesties.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

You know what I was looking for but never found? The Yankees caps from 1998 with 39 embroidered on the side for Darryl Strawberry. I contacted a few online retailers but none offered those caps. I can't search eBay from work so that's not a help.

Does anyone else remember those caps and/or have one? I'm not at all a Yankees fan anymore or a fan of baseball in general, but I do like Darryl Strawberry and would enjoy one of those caps.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

You know what I was looking for but never found? The Yankees caps from 1998 with 39 embroidered on the side for Darryl Strawberry. I contacted a few online retailers but none offered those caps. I can't search eBay from work so that's not a help.

Does anyone else remember those caps and/or have one? I'm not at all a Yankees fan anymore or a fan of baseball in general, but I do like Darryl Strawberry and would enjoy one of those caps.

This may or may not be helpful, because I don't remember what they looked like, BUT, if it was just a "39" embroidered on the side, as long as you remember what the correct font was, you could always go to a local "Lids" store (provided you HAVE a local Lids store) and they will embroider anything you want on to the side of the cap. One would have to assume it would be pretty cheap to get a "39" embroidered on to the side of a Yankees cap (it's not like the Yankees cap design has changed since 1998). The only expense being the freaking $30 you're going to have to drop on the Yankees cap, but the ballooning prices of official 5950 MLB caps is another discussion for another time. *grumbles*

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

This may or may not be helpful, ... you could always go to a local "Lids" store and they will embroider anything you want on to the side of the cap.

In the days after 09/11/2001, I was feeling a surge of patriotism (as 99.999% of the country probably was) and I wanted a Yankees cap with NYPD-FDNY and 09/11/2001 embroidered under it. I went into a cap store in a mall in Cincinnati and purchased the cap and told them what I wanted embroirdered on the left side and they refused to do so. I asked why and they could not give me an answer, not even the manager could. And granted this was before the FDNY and NYPD logos, name, etc were registered or copywritten. They just didn't want to do it. I hope you have better luck than I did.

BTW...I returned the cap too.

Archived