New Case Western Reserve University Logo

paynomind

spartan_logo_2color_225.gif

Case unveiled the new logo -- created by Christopher Price in the school's Creative Services Department -- on Wednesday. It replaces a helmet design often compared to MSU's, which the Cleveland school adopted in the late 1960s after Case Institute of Technology and Western Reserve University merged.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

The top of the helmet looks like a half a pineapple ring. On the plus side, the colors are cool and I like the wordmark.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I like it.

You know, I lived in Cleveland for about 6 years, and drove past CWRU probably once a week, and I couldn't tell you what their old logo looked like.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

You know, I lived in Cleveland for about 6 years, and drove past CWRU probably once a week, and I couldn't tell you what their old logo looked like.
As a friend of a Case Western Junior, I've heard it referred to as the "fat guy w/ a surfboard" and "waffle fries"...fwiw

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived