Kansas City Royals Concept

LEWJ

I am loving that home jersey. The powder blue outline on the tackle-twill is excellent for an accent color.

I think I would like white to be used on the "Royals" Home Alt with the powder blue behind it rather than the way you have it.

The road alt is a nice throwback to the George Brett era. I wonder how it would look on the field in 2006, especially on HDTV. That might be powder blue overload between the jersey and pants.

Anyway, nicely done. One of the best Royals concepts I've seen.

mainescarf.png

I am loving that home jersey. The powder blue outline on the tackle-twill is excellent for an accent color.

I think I would like white to be used on the "Royals" Home Alt with the powder blue behind it rather than the way you have it.

The road alt is a nice throwback to the George Brett era. I wonder how it would look on the field in 2006, especially on HDTV. That might be powder blue overload between the jersey and pants.

Anyway, nicely done. One of the best Royals concepts I've seen.

Thanks I will add a second vrsion to the home alt. See how you like it.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Nice work LEWJ. Love the baby blue wordmark on the blue alt. jersey. The arm patch is nice too. Maybe add blue to the stripe going around the collar and down the front of the home jersey? (sorry, my jersey terminology is lacking) But still, me likes alots.

I was hoping the Blue Jays would have uniforms like these when they changed a few years back.

Overall: upgrade!

Not a fan of the powder blue cap or bill - they get grimy and soiled from repeated use without washings, which is why teams generally don't use light-colored caps.

One question: the home script has a drop shadow, the road script has a full outline. Any reason for the inconsistency?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Only thing I dont like is that the piping is different on the sleeves than the buttons and that the "powder blue" is closer to Carolina blue in this concept.

I used the "official" pantone colors from ssur for all of this concept. And I was kinda iffy on the piping too.

Overall: upgrade!

Not a fan of the powder blue cap or bill - they get grimy and soiled from repeated use without washings, which is why teams generally don't use light-colored caps.

One question: the home script has a drop shadow, the road script has a full outline. Any reason for the inconsistency?

I did purposely do that. The reason is I did not think the drop shadow looked right on the colored jerseys.

I like these, a lot, except for two things:

1. To me, piping should go only on teams that have traditionally used piping. Adding piping to the Royals just makes them look less Royalish.

2. Put Royals on the power blue road alts instead of Kansas City. That brings back some memories from the days when the Royals were winning.

I'm loving this set. I nice upgrade to some already pretty good jerseys. The road alt is a great idea. Great job.

hey, thanks man, that always makes me feel a lot more confident. B)

As a Royals fan - I like them - great work!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived