Minnesota Twins Overhaul

DomTheAthlete29

Minor Tweaks....

1) New hats with TC logo, and a special B.P Red Hat.

2) No long have gray pinstripes

3) New sunday blue jersey, no pin pants, and TC logo

4) Added Struips (spelling) to home and away to give retro feel

5) Made the white pinstripe uniform with no seleves, made alt home, the home jersey

6) Took out the M logo with underscore

Enjoy!

Twins.png

C&C Please!

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

On the road, I'd outline 'Minnesota' in blue or white...or even both. I'm not really feeling the 2-tone socks...I'd stick to a solid sock with stripes, or a white sock with stirrups.

I don't know how I feel about the Twins in a vest, but I must say, i like this set a lot. Good work.

I'm not feeling the red alt - it doesn't strike me as the Twins. GOT IT - because of the red jersey and white "C", it looks like some weird Cincinnati Reds jersey.

Agreed that you need one or two outlines on the road jersey to help it pop.

I thought it was a rule that the sock had to be white. I could be wrong. Either way, I'm not sure I like the colored sock, but the stirrups look nice.

It's where I sit.

I'm not feeling the red alt - it doesn't strike me as the Twins.  GOT IT - because of the red jersey and white "C", it looks like some weird Cincinnati Reds jersey.

I think the reason why the red jersey and hats look so wierd is that the colors of the "TC" are reversed. When the Twins have worn red caps in the past, the T" was white (as it is on the blue cap) and the "C" was "blue."

pMLB2-1338298reg.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Excellent work. Unfortunately the vest era may be slowing. I'd make the uniforms with sleeves. On the road greys I'd like to see the script "Minnesota" that the Twins used in the early '60s. The dot over the "i" was a star, and was used before the hockey team came into existence. Also you've got to add front numbers on all shirts. Balances the look much better. As for the stirrups, the red and navy combo doesn't fly. If you're going to show some stirrup, then the undersock part (the sanitary hose or "sanis") MUST be white. I'va always hated the Oakland A's use of gold sanis with green socks and white shoes. Ugh!

You're on the right track though!

Not really feelin' this set. The trim on pinstripe looks very bad, and the away uniform is a total downgrade. I know this is for fun, but I really see no need to change the twins at all. They have some of the best uniforms in baseball.

I always try to say something nice, so I'll start by noting that this is a very nicely executed and displayed concept, from a technical point of view. Definitely shows good vector illustration skills. Oh, and the red-striped socks are great!

But I find this concept to be a complete hash, nonsensical at best and in the accumulation of details that don't work.

My biggest, um, helpful criticisms:

Indecisive Pinstripes Some teams look good wearing pinstripes. Some teams look good wearing plain white uniforms. No team looks good wearing pinstripes some of the time and plain white some of the time. You know how many people in Minnesota have ever said to themselves, "Gosh, if only our Twins looked more like the Mets or the Astros, then we'd have a great looking team"? None. Nobody has ever said that, for the simple reason that teams that cannot decide whether to wear pinstripes or not are ugly.

Pinstripes and Piping, Living Together: Mass Hysteria Pinstripes and piping are not like chocolate and peanut butter, where if one guy eating out of a tub of pinstripes runs into another guy munching on a bar of piping, they produce a delicious new candy. Rather, they're like cats and dogs, where if they're living together it's a sure sign that a Babylonian god is about to unleash a marshmallowy apocalypse on your town.

It's Snowing Outside and I'm Wearing a Vest Seriously, why vests? The only month it cannot snow in Minnesota is August. Vests make a little sense in some warmer climates, but the Twins are about to start playing outdoors in the coldest big-league city. Until the Marlins move to Moosejaw, the Twins are the absolute last team that should wear vests. Plus it makes the Twins look like their fiercest division rivals. Even then, you've put vests on the wrong uniform. The thick horizontal band of the "Twins" script across the highly vertical form of the vest is a visual mess. If you must put the Twins in White-Sox-style vests that they can't even wear most of the year, make the jersey with the TC logo the vest.

Polka-Dot Caps Contrast-color cap holes are a common feature of college baseball caps. Some minor-league teams wear them too. On a big-league team it looks rinky-dink. If these were the Dairy Queen Cap Day caps, great, but for the actual players? No. On the subject of the caps, it's not your fault that the white-and-red TC on dark navy is such a functionally substandard cap logo. But it's disappointing to see such a top-to-bottom revision as this that fails to fix the problem of the disappearing C. There are lots of ways you can fix the contrast problems between red thread and dark blue fabric; I'd have been a lot more pleased with this concept if you'd addressed the one actual functional defect of the Twins' current uniforms set.

20082614447.png

It's Snowing Outside and I'm Wearing a Vest Seriously, why vests? The only month it cannot snow in Minnesota is August. Vests make a little sense in some warmer climates, but the Twins are about to start playing outdoors in the coldest big-league city. Until the Marlins move to Moosejaw, the Twins are the absolute last team that should wear vests. Plus it makes the Twins look like their fiercest division rivals. Even then, you've put vests on the wrong uniform. The thick horizontal band of the "Twins" script across the highly vertical form of the vest is a visual mess. If you must put the Twins in White-Sox-style vests that they can't even wear most of the year, make the jersey with the TC logo the vest.

The only time vests would be a problem would be April and maybe May, I live in Minnesota, it is not cold at all in the Summer. It is almost always within the range of 70-100. Besides, if it was could, most players wear underarmour under their vest, which retains heat very well.

256dy87.jpg

The only time vests would be a problem would be April and maybe May, I live in Minnesota, it is not cold at all in the Summer. It is almost always within the range of 70-100. Besides, if it was could, most players wear underarmour under their vest, which retains heat very well.

Yep. That is one of the biggest mistakes about Minnesota and the rest of the Upper Midwest -- that it's always cold. Fact is, much of Minnesota is EXTREMELY hot in the summer. Mankato, where the Vikings train, is one of the hottest places I've ever been to because of the extreme summer humidity.

We have extreme temperatures here in the Upper Midwest -- extreme cold in the winter, extreme heat in the summer and extreme wind all the time.

Archived