fonzBoard Logo

fonz

K guys, how's this look? I didn't overly complicate it and used a sharp looking font. I know I just used a 'regular' type font, I'm just wondering how it looks and what I should add. Opinions?

Name logo on top, simplified logo on bottom:

fonzBoardlogos2.png

You have been advertising this board on two different message boards, and have been fortunate to have some pretty good design work done for you.

So why are you trying to just type something up and present it as a logo? Seems kind of an insult to those who put in the work for you.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

You have been advertising this board on two different message boards, and have been fortunate to have some pretty good design work done for you.

So why are you trying to just type something up and present it as a logo? Seems kind of an insult to those who put in the work for you.

Well that's why I'm asking for opinions and help. This is my starting point. So I want to see how I can improve this. A lot of people on here know their stuff and I am considering lots of different logos and design styles. I do like the work that has been done for me, but it doesn't hurt to try all angles before you decide right?

Honestly....it reminds of a sign for a coffee shop.

That would be good if fonzboard were to be a "poetry corner" type board.....

Id honeslty hope it would be more of a place where sarcasm rules the land...like OT! I think the internet needs more sarcasm shout boxes...great way to unwind, just make fun of someone else's shortcomings!

NYCdog.png

Well that's why I'm asking for opinions and help. This is my starting point. So I want to see how I can improve this. A lot of people on here know their stuff and I am considering lots of different logos and design styles. I do like the work that has been done for me, but it doesn't hurt to try all angles before you decide right?

I would say no, but...

You shouldn't ask (a bunch of) people to do a design for you (for free) and then go ahead, design it yourself, and leave them swingin' in the wind.

Ruddddddde, Notre Dame style rudiness.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Anyways, back on topic, I tried adding this fade to the back.

I think what people have said HAS been on topic. It's pretty low to ask people to do something for you -- some of which looked pretty good -- and then immediately discard that.

On top of that, you've freely advertised a message board that appears to basically do the same stuff this one does. I don't see why that's okay either.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

How am I discarding anything? How am I ignoring others' work? Just because I've tried making a logo/design on my own doesn't mean mine's the best and I'll use it? Have you seen the final product? No, because there isn't one. So I have not 'thrown' anything away as you guys are claiming. I'm just asking for opinions and help with this design. That's my topic. My request is in the request section, and I'm trying to work with people on that. When I make my decision, I make my decision. If people choose to help, they choose to help. I appreciate all the help I'm getting from this board and have thanked members for it. Going over multiple designs, including the occasional one you've designed yourself is nothing new when trying to create an identity. Moreover, there is another message board being advertised on here that much more closely resembles this one in terms of a design perspective...mine is much more focused on the casual user and everyday pop culture topics with minor sections for design (something I am personally interested in, which would make sense to have some sort of representation on my board). They've done a great job with their board, and this board is excellent too, but mine is off in another direction. So those who want to critisize me go ahead, its a message board, voice your opinion. Those who want to help me, and do what this section was intended for as opposed to the usual upper level bashing, I thank you now in advance.

How am I discarding anything? How am I ignoring others' work? Just because I've tried making a logo/design on my own doesn't mean mine's the best and I'll use it? Have you seen the final product? No, because there isn't one. So I have not 'thrown' anything away as you guys are claiming. I'm just asking for opinions and help with this design. That's my topic. My request is in the request section, and I'm trying to work with people on that. When I make my decision, I make my decision. If people choose to help, they choose to help. I appreciate all the help I'm getting from this board and have thanked members for it. Going over multiple designs, including the occasional one you've designed yourself is nothing new when trying to create an identity. Moreover, there is another message board being advertised on here that much more closely resembles this one in terms of a design perspective...mine is much more focused on the casual user and everyday pop culture topics with minor sections for design (something I am personally interested in, which would make sense to have some sort of representation on my board). They've done a great job with their board, and this board is excellent too, but mine is off in another direction. So those who want to critisize me go ahead, its a message board, voice your opinion. Those who want to help me, and do what this section was intended for as opposed to the usual upper level bashing, I thank you now in advance.

You just dont get it do you. Its not that you are asking for c+c on your "logo", its just that you request help on 2 forums, asking ppl to help you make a logo for your forum. They took there time to help you, and im pretty sure you didnt tell the ppl who helped you out "thanx but no thanx im guna do this on my own". And No offense but some of the work that ppl offered you was better than yours, because all you did was just type it up and add a colour of stroke around the font. You could of atleast took there ideas and put it into yours, but without pirmision first.

4kv29i.jpg

You just dont get it do you. Its not that you are asking for c+c on your "logo", its just that you request help on 2 forums, asking ppl to help you make a logo for your forum. They took there time to help you, and im pretty sure you didnt tell the ppl who helped you out "thanx but no thanx im guna do this on my own". And No offense but some of the work that ppl offered you was better than yours, because all you did was just type it up and add a colour of stroke around the font. You could of atleast took there ideas and put it into yours, but without pirmision first.

I never said "I'm just gonna do this on my own". I tried coming up with an idea for a logo, yes, but once again, I have not figured out what I'm going to do yet. Plus, I was toying with this before I even asked for help. Moreover, who said I wasn't going to use someone else's design. Stop making conclusions and think you know what I'm thinking (or secretly planning according to some).

Archived