MLB Cities

TwoRsAndTwoLs

I was thinking about MLB road uniforms, and how most of them have the city-name on them, but that some of them are really bland in their wordmarks, such as Cincinnati and Minnesota, or Kansas City before they finally switched over to a script wordmark. Anyway, I wanted to toy around and see if I could come up with something better.

So I put this together relatively quickly for the Reds.

RedsRoadMark3.gif

In between reading textbooks, I'll take a little more of a look at what else can be done here... I get the sense that I should try to do a Reds concept with something like this, perhaps using an italicized wishbone C and make a minor update of their set. Something a little more modern.

The italicized wishbone with the same setup looks like this:

RedsRoadMark4.gif

Any thoughts?

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Funny, because I've seen it a lot with two Ts recently, too. Even did a Google search. My bad.

EDIT: Fixed the problem. I could have SWORN that I had it spelled right, though.

I'm reminded of the one picture I've seen of the Cincy pitcher whose uniform is... it's either missing a couple of letters or has one too many "N"s in Cincinnati.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Now that the spelling lesson's been covered and I've had a little time at the computer again, I'd like to bust this out:

RedsAwayMark1.jpg

Looking for C&C in general, in particular I want to know what you might have to say on the piping ... I like it, but using just two colors and doing that much may be a little insane. Also, I know I changed the number font from what the Reds currently use and as far as I know, what they have used in the past as well, but I thought that Cincy could get away with the block-serifs.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Is anyone else having photobucket problems right now? I can't seem to get that file to properly upload. I mean, photobucket tells me that it has been loaded, but I don't get a thumbnail there and here it just says the good 'ol "user posted image."

Grr.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

If if you're going to do a concept at least have the knowledge to look up how to spell the city first.

C-I-N-C-I-N-N-A-T-I

It is like spelling the word "the"..."teh".

I see it spelled "teh" alot, but that doesn't make it correct.

Lay off. He fixed the damn problem.

Anyway, I really like this idea. It's not too much and it adds a subtle little pop to the jerseys. It doesn't work for the Cubs (sorry, MTS), but I'd like to see it for some other teams, like Detroit.

If if you're going to do a concept at least have the knowledge to look up how to spell the city first.

C-I-N-C-I-N-N-A-T-I

Nope...

C-I-N-C-I-N-N-A-T-I

Nope...

Then what, pray tell, is the problem? I can't seem to find my error at this point -- other than my apparent failure to use photobucket.

I'm all for using English on the internet, but what gives?

Meanwhile, I tried to re-post it to photobucket this morning and it remains to fail. Anyone have a suggestion on how best to deal with this, because I do have a concept that I would like to have see the light of day.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Great minds think alike! I like your Reds logo...I myself had done something along the same lines for the Cubs cubbieblue.jpg

cubmarks.jpg

I tried doing something like this with the Cubs once, but I found that the C had to be way too large for it to look reasonably nice on a uniform, especially if you were trying to tuck the first few letters of "hicago" inside of it.

For the sake of a pun, the Cubs are a whole different animal.

That said, I'm certainly all for screwing with the Cubs road arrangement. I've tried it before, and if I ever get photobucket to work again, I probably will make another attempt relatively soon.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

RedsAwayMark1.gif

OK, I moved my .jpg file over to paint and saved it in paint as a .gif file, because for some reason my photoshop decided that .gif was no longer acceptable for this file. But photobucket decided that the the .jpg file was not acceptable... so it looks relatively crappy, but here it is.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Archived