New fantasy hocjey uniforms

IceCap

After the London Commonwealth's last place finish in the inaugural XHL season, I decided my team needed a face lift. I darkened the royal to navy, I played around with the stripes on the sky blue sweater, and I introduced a new logo.

C&C welcome as always.

XHLlogosetupdatedLC.png

XHLunisupdatedLC.png

Here's the old stuff for comparison's sake:

Logos

Uniforms

this just isn't doing it for me. I dont like the colors and the logo has to much going on with all the lines in the globe and the maple leaf dosn't really look like a maple leaf. And to be honest i think the name commonwealth sucks.

You had a good post up until the last line.

this just isn't doing it for me.  I dont like the colors and the logo has to much going on with all the lines in the globe and the maple leaf dosn't really look like a maple leaf.  And to be honest i think the name commonwealth sucks.

sorry i just dont think it a really good name. but its your team so i guess it dosn't really matter what i think.

I like them--the old logo looked like the Liberal Party logo.

Yeah, I know, which was totally by accedent (I swear B) ).

After I posted the old unis a year ago, someone pointed that out, but honestly that was not my intention...I was inspired by the Raptors "TR/leaf" logo, so I added an "L" for London to my leaf. As it turned out, it ended up looking like the liberal logo.

That was only one of my many reasons for creating a new identity though.

I had a horrible first season, and I wanted a new look, to give this season a "New Beginning" feel. I wanted to keep the overal look to the new uniform, just make it "sharper."

The old sheme of sky blue, roayl blue, and red worked very well, with the exception of the sky blue and royal blue bleeding together. So I darkened the royal to navy, which gives an already nice sheme a sharper look.

As for the logo, like I said before the comparisions to the Liberal logo was just one reasons for the change. One of the other reasons for the change should be obvious if you look at the logos used on the old jerseys, then the logos on the old logo sheet.

When I shrank the old logos down to a size that would fit on the jersey template the logos became slightly distorted.

Also, the old logo had some real probelms when it came to being centred. First I had teh globe, then I put the leaf slight to the globe's right. Then I added the L to the right portion of the leaf. All of this made it very hard to centre as well as find an appropriate size that would fit on the jerseys.

The design of teh old logo made it very difficult to place at the centre of a rink teplate as well.

So when I decided to come up with a new logo, I wanted something round, something percise (almost "bullet" like, in reference to the last DC Comics logo, the DC Bullet).

I also wanted a globe that had a bolder grid.

The leaf is a highy stylized version of our national symbol, I know, but IMO it just fit better with globe then any other style of leaf would.

Anyway I hope I explained myself here, and thanks for all the C&C so far!

this just isn't doing it for me.  I dont like the colors and the logo has to much going on with all the lines in the globe and the maple leaf dosn't really look like a maple leaf.  And to be honest i think the name commonwealth sucks.

sorry i just dont think it a really good name. but its your team so i guess it dosn't really matter what i think.

No worries, my point was that the point of this thread was to discuss the new uniforms/logo/colour changes, not the team name. I decided on "Commonwealth" because it was fairly patriotic, and could be interpreted in numerous ways logo-wise (I came up with the name long before I came up with the idea for the first logo).

Archived