update on new missouri state arena......

after meetings it was announced that the price of the "new" hammons center would go from costing $60 million to costing $67 million, so john q hammons increased his donation another $5 million. here are some highlights of what the arena will have.....

--seating in a horseshoe of 11,000 seats

--1300 seats for students in open end of arena

--22 enclosed suites for lease (11 on each side)

--90-95 loge???? seats

--main entrance will include box office, team store, and memorabilia areas

--6,000 sq foot club for food and beverage area (possibly restaurant style with view of main floor)

--concourse to be about 23 feet wide instaed of 8 feet

--main overhead scoreboard will have replay/video

--and some insiders have said they will have pyro and laser light for introduction of the bears and lady bears.

as of this moment they had to cut the additions of home team locker rooms and offices, they willuse the current arena which will be connected by a tunnel, but it was also announced because of increased doinations they could have the home locker rooms and offices built by opening of the arena.

these are what the fans will see, they said other additions could be added if donations are increased.

BowlPerspective2a.jpg

BowlPerspective1a.jpg

sms.gif

as of this moment they had to cut the additions of home team locker rooms and offices, they willuse the current arena which will be connected by a tunnel, but it was also announced because of increased doinations they could have the home locker rooms and offices built by opening of the arena.

these are what the fans will see, they said other additions could be added if donations are increased.

If this part is true, that is stupid. Building a basketball facility isn't about the fans, students, people in the suites or what-not, it's for the student-athletes, and for all the stuff that you mentioned to be included at the expense of new locker-rooms (especially a pre-game light and pyro show), if I were a MSU basketball player, I'd sure be pissed. Every time I dressed in that crappy old locker-room, it would eat at me that the administration didn't think it was importaint that a small amount of the $67 million dollar pie was being spent on the real reason the building was supposed to go up in the first place.

Then, throw on top of that, the losses in recruiting. Think of bring in Mr. or Ms. stud recruit, and telling them that you've got this great new building, but that they don't get to dress in new locker-rooms, because the boosters were more importaint, and the luxuary boxes all needed plasma TV's. Not a good precedent...

Moose

If this part is true, that is stupid. Building a basketball facility isn't about the fans, students, people in the suites or what-not, it's for the student-athletes, and for all the stuff that you mentioned to be included at the expense of new locker-rooms (especially a pre-game light and pyro show), if I were a MSU basketball player, I'd sure be pissed. Every time I dressed in that crappy old locker-room, it would eat at me that the administration didn't think it was importaint that a small amount of the $67 million dollar pie was being spent on the real reason the building was supposed to go up in the first place.

Then, throw on top of that, the losses in recruiting. Think of bring in Mr. or Ms. stud recruit, and telling them that you've got this great new building, but that they don't get to dress in new locker-rooms, because the boosters were more importaint, and the luxuary boxes all needed plasma TV's. Not a good precedent...

Moose

Typical Southwest Missouri Teachers' College. If I were a recruit and knew this, I'd be pissed.

Only condiut for setup should be a part of the pyro. That should be an issue AFTER the place opens. As for the locker rooms, is the existing facility going to become for practice, recreational use or for office space for athletics. Why connect with a tunnel unless there is a legitimate reason? Is there the thought of attracting major concert acts and shows? If so, why "value engineer" out the costs and amenities of locker/dressing rooms? Shocking. I know the existing locker rooms will not be left alone, but upgraded. just not to the level of ones within a new facility.

The club level and banquet area is for fundraising on both athletics and university side. Not many universities have desingated banquet facilities outside of student unions, so I am OK with that.

what i ment was that the locker rooms and offices WILL BE INCLUDED BY OPENING NIGHT because of hohn q hammons extra donation, the other extras would be included if the donations received go beyond the $67 million threshold, and by the way if you every stepped on the missouri state campus you would see a very scenic campus, and great buildings because anything john q hammons does for the bears is nothing but first rate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

sms.gif

what i ment was that the locker rooms and offices WILL BE INCLUDED BY OPENING NIGHT because of hohn q hammons extra donation, the other extras would be included if the donations received go beyond the $67 million threshold, and by the way if you every stepped on the missouri state campus you would see a very scenic campus, and great buildings because anything john q hammons does for the bears is nothing but first rate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Someone's drinking too much Kool-Aid...

Moose

Someone's drinking too much Kool-Aid...

Moose

Actually, I'm not a huge MSU fan, myself, but he does make a point about Hammons, he has done a lot for the university and it does look beautiful (although not as beautiful as say, SouthEAST Missouri State ^_^ ). And I'm not just saying this cuz I work at Hammons FIELD, either. I am pretty excited to see the new arena when it's finished. Having played in Hammons Student Center, I'll be sad to see it go, but the new one will help fill the void. B)

Archived