Dallas Stars

charger77

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quick question, for those out there who own a form fitting hockey jersey of any kind (Nike Swift or current Reebok NHL practice jersey), is the jsersey still baggy or is it so tight you feel uncomfortable.

i assume it feels like a long sleeved soccer jersey...

that's what it looks like anyway.

think about it. football jerseys are SUPER form-fitting during the game, but no one wears then tight in real life (although i did buy a size 48 authentic vince young, so the sleeves would stop above my elbows, and it wouldn't look like a dress).

if football jerseys are comfortable, even though the players wear them 2 sizes too small, then why would hockey jerseys feel like spandex?

quick question, for those out there who own a form fitting hockey jersey of any kind (Nike Swift or current Reebok NHL practice jersey), is the jsersey still baggy or is it so tight you feel uncomfortable.

i assume it feels like a long sleeved soccer jersey...

that's what it looks like anyway.

think about it. football jerseys are SUPER form-fitting during the game, but no one wears then tight in real life (although i did buy a size 48 authentic vince young, so the sleeves would stop above my elbows, and it wouldn't look like a dress).

if football jerseys are comfortable, even though the players wear them 2 sizes too small, then why would hockey jerseys feel like spandex?

They fit nicely, even better than a regular jersey I'd say. They are not tight obviously because we don't wear hockey pads. I am still in the minority when i say the slim fit makes players look way cooler. I just hope the jersey designs don't suffer (habs, oilers etc)

gagner3.png

I am still in the minority when i say the slim fit makes players look way cooler. I just hope the jersey designs don't suffer (habs, oilers etc)

I don't mind the cut of new jerseys at all. Take away the ugly print and silly paneling on the Olympic jerseys and I wouldn't have minded them. The players kinda looked like they did in the old days, before big jerseys or big pads (of course players in general were smaller then).

1zgyd8w.jpg

Im hoping that the new dallas swift will be the old 1990-91 pattern with the current stars logo. that would be great.

Im sure nobody would mind taking a look if somebody had the spare time to whip one up.

I'd give it a shot but have zero idea how to do it.

Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Im hoping that the new dallas swift will be the old 1990-91 pattern with the current stars logo. that would be great.

Im sure nobody would mind taking a look if somebody had the spare time to whip one up.

Dan

ugh. Plus, it will never happen. I would expect a jersey closer to Iowa's kit than a look back to the early 90's for a throwback. Dallas' original jersey was the same style as worn in Minnesota in their final seasons there.

The Stars have a convenient(and slightly flawed) memory of their beginnings. Much of their clothing and memoribilia has "EST. 1993" on it and they had a 10th Anniversary Patch in 2003. However, there is also quite a bit of Dallas Stars clothing and memoribilia going around that has "EST 1967" on it, oddly enough.

Although they only have banners hanging from accomplishments in Dallas, they had the class and sense to hoist up the numbers of those retired while in Minnesota; Goldy and Masterton. They also retired the 7 of Neal Broten despite having not much of a stellar career to speak of in Dallas, which does not make him any less deserving. However, these numbers get very little play in the rafters. This may change when the 9 goes up sometime in the next half-decade.

They would have a whole lot more championship cloth had they not ignored the accomplished yet hard history the North Stars franchise. I suppose it's understandable that the fans of Dallas may not have understood. They had no vested interest in the '81 or '91 Cup finals and prior to 1993 most probably could not have told you who played for or even won it.

Dan

ugh. Plus, it will never happen. I would expect a jersey closer to Iowa's kit than a look back to the early 90's for a throwback. Dallas' original jersey was the same style as worn in Minnesota in their final seasons there.

The Stars have a convenient(and slightly flawed) memory of their beginnings. Much of their clothing and memoribilia has "EST. 1993" on it and they had a 10th Anniversary Patch in 2003. However, there is also quite a bit of Dallas Stars clothing and memoribilia going around that has "EST 1967" on it, oddly enough.

Although they only have banners hanging from accomplishments in Dallas, they had the class and sense to hoist up the numbers of those retired while in Minnesota; Goldy and Masterton. They also retired the 7 of Neal Broten despite having not much of a stellar career to speak of in Dallas, which does not make him any less deserving. However, these numbers get very little play in the rafters. This may change when the 9 goes up sometime in the next half-decade.

They would have a whole lot more championship cloth had they not ignored the accomplished yet hard history the North Stars franchise. I suppose it's understandable that the fans of Dallas may not have understood. They had no vested interest in the '81 or '91 Cup finals and prior to 1993 most probably could not have told you who played for or even won it.

1) if the stars look like the iowa stars, i'll be a very happy man... my only complaint with the i-stars, is that they don't use any black on the uniforms, but use it on everything else... either change the pants/gloves/helmets to green, or add some black stripes to the sweaters.

2) you can't blame the stars for what those "est 1993" hats/shirts say. those are made league wide. i've seen just as many items with 67 as 93. i really don't think jim lites sends out orders to CCM saying what year he wants printed on tshirts.

3) what is wrong with having a 10th anniversary in 2003? it wasn't the clubs 10th season, and they never said it was. the official wording of all of the promotions were "a decade in dallas." celebrating a decade in dallas is just as worthy of an anniversary as celebrating their innauguration into the NHL. in addition, they never actually wore that patch on their sweaters. it was just a logo used at center ice, in promotions and in game programs.

4) it's true that the stars don't hang banners for divisions (how many many would that have been, though, anyway?), or for campbell bowls, but i don't think you can blame them too much. i don't know of any relocated team that does that. still, i wouldn't be opposed to seeing them added to the rafters, for history's sake.

5) the stars policy on retired numbers is different than most NHL teams. it's similar to that of the boston celtics. when the stars retire a number, the next season, that number gets it's own banner in the arena. after that season, they give the banner to the player, and add his number to the collective banner with goldy, masteron, and brots. the same will be done for modano in 3-4 years, and quite possibly with zubov shortly after. again, which NHL teams that have relocated even go this far? the coyotes and avalanche have even given out their retired numbers to rookies and free agents since their relocations.

sorry if this sounded defensive, but i think the stars do a damn good job of honoring their history. they didn't even change logos or uniforms (save for a new patch on the shoulders) between their move from minnesota.

same team name, same logo, same uniforms, same players, and even retained ralph strangis of the broadcast team.

1) if the stars look like the iowa stars, i'll be a very happy man... my only complaint with the i-stars, is that they don't use any black on the uniforms, but use it on everything else... either change the pants/gloves/helmets to green, or add some black stripes to the sweaters.

2) you can't blame the stars for what those "est 1993" hats/shirts say. those are made league wide. i've seen just as many items with 67 as 93. i really don't think jim lites sends out orders to CCM saying what year he wants printed on tshirts.

3) what is wrong with having a 10th anniversary in 2003? it wasn't the clubs 10th season, and they never said it was. the official wording of all of the promotions were "a decade in dallas." celebrating a decade in dallas is just as worthy of an anniversary as celebrating their innauguration into the NHL. in addition, they never actually wore that patch on their sweaters. it was just a logo used at center ice, in promotions and in game programs.

4) it's true that the stars don't hang banners for divisions (how many many would that have been, though, anyway?), or for campbell bowls, but i don't think you can blame them too much. i don't know of any relocated team that does that. still, i wouldn't be opposed to seeing them added to the rafters, for history's sake.

5) the stars policy on retired numbers is different than most NHL teams. it's similar to that of the boston celtics. when the stars retire a number, the next season, that number gets it's own banner in the arena. after that season, they give the banner to the player, and add his number to the collective banner with goldy, masteron, and brots. the same will be done for modano in 3-4 years, and quite possibly with zubov shortly after. again, which NHL teams that have relocated even go this far? the coyotes and avalanche have even given out their retired numbers to rookies and free agents since their relocations.

sorry if this sounded defensive, but i think the stars do a damn good job of honoring their history. they didn't even change logos or uniforms (save for a new patch on the shoulders) between their move from minnesota.

same team name, same logo, same uniforms, same players, and even retained ralph strangis of the broadcast team.

1) Their new 3rd jersey has black. I dislike the contrasting shoulder patch, however. I agree on the breezers/gloves comment.

12e10f540fbe744933ff24713a7bd90a.500.jpg

2) I don't blame them, but I shy away from buying the gear with the 1993 on it, and usually lean towards the 1967 or just no date at all.

3) I think you take my post as negative. I was just pointing out the inconsistencies. I think they pay just the right amount of homage to the previous franchise while mantaining their new identity and location. I think it's a travesty that Phoenix, Carolina, and Colorado play like they didn't exist before arriving in the South.

StarsBanners.jpg

4) I wish they did, too. Many teams update their banner logos for continuity, they wouldn't even have to use the NStar.

5) I did not know that. However, they've only retired one number since their arrival, and it was a player that did not have the impact that Mike has had. I doubt this policy is set in stone. I would like to see the numbers get separate banners in the style of the jersey like most teams do.

I'm sorry if my post came off as negative, but for the reasons you stated: the primary logo retention, jersey template, broadcast team, etc is why my loyalty stayed despite the move. I left Minnesota before the Wild arrived, so I've stayed as a fan of the franchise.

i really thought it did sound negative... not sure why.

i think i'm just defensive about my team, since most people seem to not be fans of them... and MANY people on this forum think they should have dropped the name, or at the very least change their colors from green and gold (which is just about the worst idea i've ever heard)

i hadn't seen the black i-stars jersey until now... a little disappointing... now it's missing white.

a simple "blues-style" shoulder layout could fix the color problems on all 3 jerseys. green shoulders on the white, with black where the green is now... then black on the green, and green on the black (with white replacing the green as it is now)...

if the stars did add banners for north stars division titles and campbell bowls, i'd want them to keep the logos they used at that time.

but i really do love the celtics-style number retirement system.

i also love the mavs to death, but think it's great that we've completely out-bannered them in the AAC. lol.

the current RBK NHL practices jerseys never have or are not currently form fitting.

http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/nwsltr/spo...er.1e656fe.html

Q: Is every team getting new sweaters next year no matter what? Are they all going to be new designs, or are they just going to be made of the new material and new fit? What about third jerseys? I know the Stars are now officially done with the old third jersey, so how long do they have to wait until they can make another one?

James

HEIKA: The NHL is currently planning to use a new sweater style for all teams next year. It will be lighter, tighter-fitting and have some sort of elastic in the underarm areas.

Because of the material, horizontal striping is not easy with these new sweaters (it will have to be sewn on, and that will compromise the stretchability of the sweater). However, the Red Wings and other traditional teams can make their sweater all one color, and they will be allowed to adjust the sweaters to make them look as traditional as possible.

Anyway, the Stars' "star logo" sweater will not work under the new format, and they will probably have new sweaters that are close to their practice ones, with white swooshes under the arms. I believe they are taking the majority of the green out and going back to black and white with green as a trim color. They might bring the green back for the "third jersey," but that probably won't be out until 2008-09 or even 2009-10.

i always thought black worked better for dallas than it does for most teams, because of the name stars, and the night sky... but now that i hear a rumor that they may be going back to black from green, it makes me a little sad. i'm attached to the green now.

Archived