Thrashers Drop Original Home Jersey, Promote 3rd

Suigi

As for the Rangers, they haven't really worn a crest, so there isn't much to say there.

B0001BRBWI.01-A178FZ04UXI000._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

000345678.jpg

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for the Rangers, they haven't really worn a crest, so there isn't much to say there.

B0001BRBWI.01-A178FZ04UXI000._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

000345678.jpg

Right, but since their inception, when was it 1926-27?, most people when they think of the Rangers think of the angular "Rangers" script. :)

A quick break from this whole 'Hawks/Rangers tangent...

I have no problem with the Thrashers switching to the powder blues as the primary home uniform. What I can't understand is why they completely got rid of the navy jersey, rather than just making it the alternate. Did the fans really dislike it?

A quick break from this whole 'Hawks/Rangers tangent...

I have no problem with the Thrashers switching to the powder blues as the primary home uniform. What I can't understand is why they completely got rid of the navy jersey, rather than just making it the alternate. Did the fans really dislike it?

Well, with the "big switch" coming up for next season, it might just be a preparation for that. I wouldn't be surprised if Atlanta goes with a powder blue home and an away that features more powder blue than the none that it does now :P

I think it was the other way around. :)

*Was alive when they were known as the Black Hawks*

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Upon further review, you're right. They changed their uniforms to that style when they entered the NHL. I was looking at a photo of them playing the Oilers and thought it was a WHA photo.

Oh, and "Black Hawks" looks cooler. I don't know why, just does. Maybe because it fits the two-word trend of the old Norris? Black Hawks, Red Wings, North Stars, Maple Leafs. (Blue Notes?)

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Forget the "T" logo thingy, i'm still trying to figure out what the f%$K a "Thrasher" is. Is it some bird or something?

There's this thing called the "dictionary." You may want to look at it when you don't understand what a word means.

Here's a definition:

"Any of several long-tailed, thrushlike birds, esp. of the genus Toxostoma, related to the mockingbirds."

You could probably find more information by doing a search on Google or even Wikipedia, if you are so inclined. It may help you look like less of an idiot.

Remember, knowing is half the battle.

I wasn't going to bother with replying to your very eloquent post but...

I'll just say this, its easy for people like you to make comments like this on the internet, but you would never say that to my face my friend I can GUARANTEE that. Watch your mouth.

I'd say it to your face.

Got a problem with that?

Never know, Hrivy could be about 6'-8" and 400 pounds.

Well, I just decided to be non-plussed. Perhaps others should take my lead?

Archived