Thrashers Drop Original Home Jersey, Promote 3rd

Suigi

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not for nothin' but I did mention this a year ago and have continued to since then.

Guess it fell through the cracks.

well it is the Thrashers. not like anyone follows them or anything. :P

*runs from the thrasher fans*

ok i'm being mean, but this has been discussed. i personally don't like the baby blues, the whole template needs a bit rework.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Didn't they do the same when they came into the nhl, and use there 3rd jerseys, and made them into their home jerseys ( well not anymore, cus i guess there using the blue alts. )

The baby blue jerseys are the only third jersey the Atlanta Thrashers ever had.

Using the baby blue jerseys as permanent home jerseys is like hiring the guys from Jackass to plan a wedding.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Hey, hey, hey now, I like the Thrashers light blues. And not just because I'm a Thrashers fan. However, I agree with just about everyone else in the known universe that the whole "unbalanced sleeve" thing is really an annoyance. It makes the jersey look... unfinished. That's why, thanks to the always sexy Roger Clemente and his "Build Your Own NHL Jersey" project, I finished it.

thrashersconcept.gif

Better now?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hey, hey, hey now, I like the Thrashers light blues. And not just because I'm a Thrashers fan. However, I agree with just about everyone else in the known universe that the whole "unbalanced sleeve" thing is really an annoyance. It makes the jersey look... unfinished. That's why, thanks to the always sexy Roger Clemente and his "Build Your Own NHL Jersey" project, I finished it.

thrashersconcept.gif

Better now?

I like that jersey. And I hate most new hockey jerseys.

Head to http://nhluniforms.com/, click on This Year's Uniforms, and note Atlanta's image.

Uni Watch at ESPN confirms this swap too.

When did this occur, and WHY?!

apparantly fans liked the 3rd so much that they promoted it to full time primary home.

I wanna SEE the results of this "poll" they had and I wanna SEE each and every fan's NAME on their vote.

Atlanta's now-defunct home jersey was top 5 in the NHL, EASY....now, they may have the worst.

SigReflect.png

not for nothin' but I did mention this a year ago and have continued to since then.

I've mentioned it a couple times myself.

The reasoning is so they would use the primary logo on both the home and away uniforms. It's a bold concept, I know, but they made their decision and stand by it.

I liked the design of their old home sweaters, but whoever decided that it was a good idea to use an alternate logo on a primary uniform is an idiot.

Save the slugalo.

The reasoning is so they would use the primary logo on both the home and away uniforms. It's a bold concept, I know, but they made their decision and stand by it.

Well, that's great, but now the sweaters themselves don't match!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That doesn't seem to bother Ottawa, who apparently is content using completely different jersey styles, primary logos, and fonts on their home and road jerseys. The result: an absolutely horrible look with no consistency whatsoever. In fact, the home Senators dress like they're an ECHL affiliate of the team that wears the clean, classy road unis. Atlanta isn't much better in this regard, but hey, at least they've got their crests and fonts lined up, something that tells you "yes, this is the same team."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Tha sounds reasonable, but couldn't they have just taken the alt logo off the home jersey and put the primary on it? I am not a professioanl seamstress or anything, but I think that once you stitch a patch on a jersey, it isn't permanent.

what the hell is the logo on the old home jerseys supposed to be?

Exactly. It looks kind of like a T, but then you think, "maybe it's a sword or something. Or a scary mask". It's by far one of the weakest logos in the sport. I'm glad they got rd of it.

(By the way, I know it's supposed to be a bird flying in top-down perspective. But it just doesn't work.)

It's never bothered the Canadiens either.

That doesn't seem to bother Ottawa, who apparently is content using completely different jersey styles, primary logos, and fonts on their home and road jerseys. The result: an absolutely horrible look with no consistency whatsoever. In fact, the home Senators dress like they're an ECHL affiliate of the team that wears the clean, classy road unis. Atlanta isn't much better in this regard, but hey, at least they've got their crests and fonts lined up, something that tells you "yes, this is the same team."

The Senators really need to get their :censored: together. Obviously, just go with the laurel-leaf alternate in black and white, with the 2-D senator head. Not that freakin' hard, guys.

The Canadiens aren't as bad as the Thrashers in terms of matching. I do prefer those white sweaters with the blue stripes and red numbers, however.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived