Thrashers Drop Original Home Jersey, Promote 3rd

Suigi

not for nothin' but I did mention this a year ago and have continued to since then.

Guess it fell through the cracks.

I've mentioned it a couple times myself.

The reasoning is so they would use the primary logo on both the home and away uniforms. It's a bold concept, I know, but they made their decision and stand by it.

Well, that's great, but now the sweaters themselves don't match!

It's never bothered the Canadiens either.

Or the Rangers, Red Wings, and Blackhawks.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LET'S LIST EVERY TEAM WHOSE SWEATERS ARE NOT EXACTLY IDENTICAL AND MISS THE POINT COMLETELY

Hey TCR, did you know that the Panthers' home and road uniforms are different colors? They so don't match. :D

Back to the actual point, the Capitals. Why they've hung on to that piss-poor black alternate and ditched their blue primary still boggles me.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

LET'S LIST EVERY TEAM WHOSE SWEATERS ARE NOT EXACTLY IDENTICAL AND MISS THE POINT COMLETELY

There is a point. The difference between, say, Chicago's home and away really isn't any different than the difference between Atlanta's.

My 2 cents is that I LOVE the color and think that the logo is better than the "T" logo.

But the "Atlanta" on the sleeve seems to be a very "3rd jersey" thing. It would be a great primary with that.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

There is a point. The difference between, say, Chicago's home and away really isn't any different than the difference between Atlanta's.

There is a major difference. The Blackhawks use similar striping patterns that, while unique to each jersey, show a consistent and unified design.

Compare that with Atlanta, where the light blue color on the home jersey (as much as I love it) is merely a stroke on the crest of the road. The only unifying elements between the two are the bottom stripe, crest, and font. Still, though, that fares better than Ottawa, where everything's just up for grabs.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

First, it saddens me to hear such expressions of opinion that I dissagree with strongly.

I love the Flying T logo, one of my favorite all time logos, corporate, sports, etc. One fo the best, most powerful, stronmg logos that still shows motion and agility. I lvoe the logo.

I loved the old home jersey. It was great, with the maroon and navy separated with the bright gold/yellow striping, and the wing-arms. Perfect hockey sweater.

I am not a big fan of the "bird-in-a-bowl" primary. I'd have far prefered they go with the Flying T or the head tertiary logo.

I lvoed that the home and away had their two logos on them. Both were on each jersey, they just swapped positions on the shoulder or the chest. It made the Thrashers practically have two primary logos, both of which were displayed prominently. I dont think that "whoever decided that it was a good idea to use an alternate logo on a primary uniform is an idiot." It isnt an "alternate" logo, its their secondary.

Now, that said, I do agree that the light blue doesnt work as well as the home jersey as it did as an alt. It was a phenominal alt, using a color that is in the logo, but not featured... with a modern, progressive design (since they didnt have 'history' to draw from for their 3rd)... But, now, thier home and away jersey templates dont match, neither do the color palates on them. Maybe they could change the sholders on their away to the light blue and that woudl tie the color palates together.

And whoever said that the reasoning was due to fan appreciation is absolutely right. The fans LOVE the blue. I think by far, the blue is the most prevelant in the stands and on the streets. Though, i'm pretty sure that the white is the fans' least favorite of the bunch.

I hope to see the Navy/Maroon worn again, hopefully as an alternate. I hope it has not passed into that gentle night.

BTW, if you are a Thrashers ahter, just dont waste yoru time in here bitching and needlessly spouting yoru hate. No one comes in this thread to hear your sniveling and thinks, "Wow, that gyuy is smart/cool."

Oh, yeah... Go Thrashers!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Hey TCR, did you know that the Panthers' home and road uniforms are different colors? They so don't match. :D

Back to the actual point, the Capitals. Why they've hung on to that piss-poor black alternate and ditched their blue primary still boggles me.

Sarcasm can be funny, at times. In this case, when Florida's home was the red (which is their best jersey in my opinion) the striping didn't match. Not that I really care, but their is a point to be had when with one team it's not ok to have different jerseys, but perfectly fine with others. :P

Forget the "T" logo thingy, i'm still trying to figure out what the f%$K a "Thrasher" is. Is it some bird or something? The light blue sweater is weak in my opinion. You wanna know what bugs me? (probably not, but here goes) When a team makes an entire jersey out of a small accent color. Since when does light blue present itself as a PRIMARY color? Horrible. Just horrible.

The Thrasher is the state bird of Georgia.

Are you daft? At the end of the day, they're basically similar: red, black, and white, stripes at the waist and sleeves. With Atlanta, you have a home sweater in a color that occurs virtually nowhere in the road sweater, two templates that look equally ridiculous, and I think the blue sweater has those armpit vents or whatever. Of course they're different from one another. There's still continuity between the numbers and crests, but it pretty much stops there.

Thrashers5.gif

HAY THEY'RE BASICALLY THE SAME ANYWAYZ

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Red Wings' uniforms match very well. The sleeves on the road and the home sweaters are the same, and so is the crest.

If they matched then the sleeves would be white on the road jersey. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they don't match, but hte fact remains that they don't match.

I really like the Trashers alt...er, home, but I agree with TCR that the differences are just too great. The should have modified the away to match. I completly forgot about the armpit mesh that is present onthe powderblues. That is really bugging me now, and will continue to bug me until next year when the swifts arrive.

Are you daft? At the end of the day, they're basically similar: red, black, and white, stripes at the waist and sleeves. With Atlanta, you have a home sweater in a color that occurs virtually nowhere in the road sweater, two templates that look equally ridiculous, and I think the blue sweater has those armpit vents or whatever. Of course they're different from one another. There's still continuity between the numbers and crests, but it pretty much stops there.

Thrashers5.gif

I'll only waste my time once with someone who considers another person "daft" when their point of view is contended.

Blackhawks4.gif

The home only sports three arm stripes, no cuff, and a considerably "odd" bottom. The away sports 5 arm stripes, cuffs, and 5 bottom stripes. At the end of the day (school is now over), they are not the same.

The Thrasher is the state bird of Georgia.

Thanks, now I know. I will say that MOST people (when I say MOST I mean many of the drunkards at my local sports bar) have not idea what the hell a "Thrasher" is so this will be a nice lil' nugget to win a free beer with.

Thrashers5.gif

I'll only waste my time once with someone who considers another person "daft" when their point of view is contended.

Blackhawks4.gif

The home only sports three arm stripes, no cuff, and a considerably "odd" bottom. The away sports 5 arm stripes, cuffs, and 5 bottom stripes. At the end of the day (school is now over), they are not the same.

I think he understands that the Blackhawks jerseys don't match, he is saying that Hawks' home and roads are close enough to each other that it's not distracting (Plus they've been wearing them for a while, so on one seems to question it). His problem is that the stripes on the Thrashers' homeand road is completely different. Straight stripes on only one sleeve on the home, and zig-zag stripes on both arms of the road. There is some consistency on the Hawks' jerseys, but almost none on the Thrashers'.

Forget the "T" logo thingy, i'm still trying to figure out what the f%$K a "Thrasher" is. Is it some bird or something?

There's this thing called the "dictionary." You may want to look at it when you don't understand what a word means.

Here's a definition:

"Any of several long-tailed, thrushlike birds, esp. of the genus Toxostoma, related to the mockingbirds."

You could probably find more information by doing a search on Google or even Wikipedia, if you are so inclined. It may help you look like less of an idiot.

Remember, knowing is half the battle.

Atlanta's now-defunct home jersey was top 5 in the NHL, EASY....now, they may have the worst.

You're absolutely right. Only consolation is that there's a chance it'll end up on the bargain rack at River City.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived