Thrashers Drop Original Home Jersey, Promote 3rd

Suigi

not for nothin' but I did mention this a year ago and have continued to since then.

Guess it fell through the cracks.

I've mentioned it a couple times myself.

The reasoning is so they would use the primary logo on both the home and away uniforms. It's a bold concept, I know, but they made their decision and stand by it.

I liked the design of their old home sweaters, but whoever decided that it was a good idea to use an alternate logo on a primary uniform is an idiot.

If they wanted to use the primary logo on both the home and away, why didn't they just swap the logos on the original home jersey?!

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frankly, the baby blues aint bad. And i'm glad they tossed that "T" logo.

It's not like they ripped the limbs off the thrasher logo, made him curved like a slug, and threw him half-assed on the front of the sweater.

Good Lord, build a bridge, let it go...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

I agree with most people here who say the former blue jersey with the red sleeves was one of the more strikingly nice jerseys in the league. It was a very nice balance of primary colors with two very nice logos that convey motion used on them. The one thing that kind of bugged me the last two years was when they used it as the home jerseys, it wasn't the official primary logo on the front.

I do like the baby blue as a jersey color. But the entire "one dark sleeve" thing is the main annoyance of the jersey. That and the fact that the sleeve numbers are only visible on just one sleeve, which SUCKS when you may be trying to call the play as the players skate from left to right.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I think he understands that the Blackhawks jerseys don't match, he is saying that Hawks' home and roads are close enough to each other that it's not distracting (Plus they've been wearing them for a while, so on one seems to question it). His problem is that the stripes on the Thrashers' homeand road is completely different. Straight stripes on only one sleeve on the home, and zig-zag stripes on both arms of the road. There is some consistency on the Hawks' jerseys, but almost none on the Thrashers'.

Perhaps, but different is still different. The Hawks black is identical to the white, and if they were home/away, I really wouldn't bother, but the red are white are different enough for me to make the point. Like was also pointed out, the rangers, wings, habs all sport non-matching styles, but don't seem to take slack for it. I've never liked the idea of something being "perfect" simply because it's older. Granted, I accept that the Thrashers "new" home and away are different in respects, I still cannot see where there's a difference between "not match." Not matching is not matching. Just playing the devil's advocate here, I just don't like seeing a team being picked on over things that other teams are guilty of. But I guess this can be laid to rest. At least as far as I am involved :P

And capn89, we'd like to thank you for your contributions, and hereby award you with the "CCSLC Dumb/Frustrating Argument of the Week (Non-Political)"

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Forget the "T" logo thingy, i'm still trying to figure out what the f%$K a "Thrasher" is. Is it some bird or something?

There's this thing called the "dictionary." You may want to look at it when you don't understand what a word means.

Here's a definition:

"Any of several long-tailed, thrushlike birds, esp. of the genus Toxostoma, related to the mockingbirds."

You could probably find more information by doing a search on Google or even Wikipedia, if you are so inclined. It may help you look like less of an idiot.

Remember, knowing is half the battle.

I wasn't going to bother with replying to your very eloquent post but...

I'll just say this, its easy for people like you to make comments like this on the internet, but you would never say that to my face my friend I can GUARANTEE that. Watch your mouth.

Should we be frightened now? Or just nonplussed?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I agree with most people here who say the former blue jersey with the red sleeves was one of the more strikingly nice jerseys in the league. It was a very nice balance of primary colors with two very nice logos that convey motion used on them. The one thing that kind of bugged me the last two years was when they used it as the home jerseys, it wasn't the official primary logo on the front.

I do like the baby blue as a jersey color. But the entire "one dark sleeve" thing is the main annoyance of the jersey. That and the fact that the sleeve numbers are only visible on just one sleeve, which SUCKS when you may be trying to call the play as the players skate from left to right.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

If the dark blue would have had the Primary on the front, I would have been all over it. I still have my white though, and it is a really nice design.

Myself, I don't care for hte look of the powder blue. I would prefer it to remain an alternate. But if the fans in Atlanta really do like this uniform, then the team is just giving the fans what they want.

And capn89, we'd like to thank you for your contributions, and hereby award you with the "CCSLC Dumb/Frustrating Argument of the Week (Non-Political)"

There's still a point. :P The original six are not untouchable. They're as guilty as the Thrashers.

I think that the uniform looks nice, but it doesn't work for the Thrashers. Powder blue is only featured as a small streak on their logo. That'd be like the Blackhawks waering a green uniform.

Technically, that wouldn't be the same, considering red is BARELY used more on the primary crest than, say, green, orange or yellow. In fact, to be completely anal, yellow is probably featured more on the logo than red.

Hawks.gif

But of course, here again we have the situation of Chicago having an ancient, and by my opinion, "crappy" logo, getting a free pass because they're from the dark ages, and a newer team being picked on. The hawks are primarity red... yet on the logo red is in: ONE feather, and some face paint, while there are THREE other feathers (larger in size) including a yellow one to go along with the yellow squiggly highlight thing in the hair. But this isn't as bad as the thrashers, of course :P

The Chicago Blackhawks have, without much doubt, the single best logo in all of sport.

Bar none. Any league, any sport, any country.

That's it.

Sorry.... i just get a little excited when someone disparages the 'Hawks logo...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

the situation of Chicago having an ancient, and by my opinion, "crappy" logo

Well, you have no taste.

I could say the same. :P

The Chicago Blackhawks have, without much doubt, the single best logo in all of sport.

Bar none. Any league, any sport, any country.

That's it.

Sorry.... i just get a little excited when someone disparages the 'Hawks logo...

Everyone's allowed their opinion, you think it's great, I think it sucks. :P

I still hold the belief that if this logo were unveiled today, it would get almost as much criticism as the Buffaslug. Only it's age gives it merit.

I still hold the belief that if this logo were unveiled today, it would get almost as much criticism as the Buffaslug. Only it's age gives it merit.

No. This logo is as old as it is because ofhow good it is. That is what you're not getting. If it's not made in Illustrator or have shiny accents and a fierce, metallic, and sweeping look, as if in motion, you're not going to like it. You don't appreciate the logo. You're not about the art, you're about the technology. You're set in a mindframe that if something doesn't fit into your cookie-cutter mindset of what something should look like, you dismiss it as "old and crappy"

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

This is the first time I've heard anyone say the Indian head is "crappy." It's the only thing about the Hawks we can be proud of now.

Tell me, capn89, which is probably the year you were born, what would you have the Chicago Blackhawks wear? I'd like to see.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This is the first time I've heard anyone say the Indian head is "crappy." It's the only thing about the Hawks we can be proud of now.

Tell me, capn89, which is probably the year you were born, what would you have the Chicago Blackhawks wear? I'd like to see.

Who cares if it's the first time you've ever heard it. There's no rule that everyone has to love and hate the same things you do. So once you get off your high horse, perhaps I'll donate some of my time to you. But I'm not going to waste any more time on someone who's greatest arguments are "you have no taste (because your views are different than mine" and "capn89, which is probably the year you were born" which is so ridiculously childish, it's laughable. So let me get this straight, the best you have is:

? Your opinion is different than mine, so you have no taste.

? I am the world's greatest detective that 89 just HAS to be your birthday, because there's no other explanation for it, so you MUST be young and thereby you're naturally stupid.

Good luck in life pal, you're going to have a really hard time in the real world when everything you think is "right." :P

As for what I would like to see them wear (as to not avoid what you asked like you so skillfully have done with everything I've said, instead resulting in inane insults), I could care less what they wear. What they have now is fine. I think the logo sucks, and the jerseys are plain, but it's still fine. You've gone off on some sort of creepy, stalkerish, defensive tangent defending the holy Blackhawks you've managed to forget that the entire purpose to any of this was to point out that 3 "classic" teams home & away jerseys don't match, no different than the Thrashers.

Sorry you've taken my opinion about your team's jerseys so much to heart. Really, why waste your time making such a big deal over something so stupid?

No. This logo is as old as it is because ofhow good it is. That is what you're not getting. If it's not made in Illustrator or have shiny accents and a fierce, metallic, and sweeping look, as if in motion, you're not going to like it. You don't appreciate the logo. You're not about the art, you're about the technology. You're set in a mindframe that if something doesn't fit into your cookie-cutter mindset of what something should look like, you dismiss it as "old and crappy"

Such spin. There are plenty of old logos I think are perfectly fine. As much as I hate the Redwings (the team) their logo is quite good, and really has withstood the test of time. The Bruins logo is pretty good. I hate the Leafs, again, but another very good logo. As for the Rangers, they haven't really worn a crest, so there isn't much to say there. About the only one I'm on the wall about, when it comes to the original six is Montreal. But it gets the job done. I couldn't really see what else they could do there anyway. I just don't like the Blackhawks because it's an orgy cluster**** of colors that really looks terrible. But hey, thank you for attempting to suit your own agenda by putting words into my mouth. "If it's not made in Illustrator or have shiny accents and a fierce, metallic, and sweeping look, as if in motion, you're not going to like it. You don't appreciate the logo. You're not about the art, you're about the technology." I'd like to know how saying the Blackhawks logo is "crappy" suddenly generalizes all of that. Whatever makes your life easier, I suppose.

Archived