Hockey jersey: Rams

FlyersHockey1967

I made this little beauty when I had some free time on my hands. I'm trying to start a roller hockey team and of course, we need jerseys. Since my school is the "Home of the Rams", I found a good picture of one and here's the result:

scan10002smallik3.jpg

I realized that halfway through drawing the crest, it would be too far to the right. Since I was too lazy to fix it, it ends up looking skewed. When I draw another draft of it, it'll be centered. The school colors are primarily red and white, and black is the secondary. I tried thinking of teams that have that same color scheme, but I hate the Devils, and I don't really like the Hurricanes jersey style, so I just took the old Mighty Ducks striping. I will probably make the primary color white with the black stripe where it says "Rams", and red under that stripe. The arms will probably be black for the smaller stripe and red for the bigger as well.

I'm open to any comments or suggestions.

P.S. If there's anyone tech savvy here, any chance you could make a computerized version of this? Thanks!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heh, that's how a lot of concepts get their start, doodling an idea. though I make no promises, I think I might try my hand at doing your set, if only to shake off some rust :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I took a stab at coloring it in MS Paint, and this is what I came out with. The numbers on the back are probably going to be red because they're right near the black stripe ther, but I guess they could be black as well. As for the letters and nameplate, I'm not sure.

I plan on making the ram crest a light red so it doesn't diminish the detail.

For the pants, there's going to be the word "RAMS" down both sides vertically as shown in the pictures. Not sure what color those should be either. I'm thinking black pants with red letters and number on the right pant leg.

What color should the captain letters be? Red or black?

Should there also be a red or black version of this? I'm not sure if I'll need a dark jersey, but who knows?

Anyways, here's the original scan copy with the added numbers and the edited copy. Again, comments and criticisms are welcome.

10001smallfo1.jpg

scan10007smallwl1.jpg

not bad, but I think more can be done with the numbers. I know this is just a sketch, but when you put this to computer. I suggest another number font.

Here's what someone else did for me.

ramsjersey.jpg

Personally, I don't like the dark colors because I want to keep the school colors. What do you think?

This is good, but the silver is taking away from it.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

not bad, but I think more can be done with the numbers. I know this is just a sketch, but when you put this to computer. I suggest another number font.

Do you have any good suggestions?

As for my computer version, I just used New Jersey's numbers.

Actually, I'd say the new Anaheim Ducks number font would go well with these. Maybe even the new Sabres numbers.

I think it's the cutest thing I've ever seen. I really like that you drew it by hand. Seems like a lot of people tend to cut and paste a bunch of crap together and call it a concept. Yours has a real organic, old-school feeling to it and you should be commended.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If I didn't know better, I would say you suggested Anaheim's number cause you're a Ducks fan. :P

Where are these numbers you speak of by the way? The site where I got the Devils numbers has the old Anaheim and Buffalo fonts.

Not a bad assumption, but it actually hit me when I saw those uniforms you made. I honestly have no idea where to get the numbers if they've even been made yet. But, I would keep looking at different number fonts. You're bound to find something.

I think it's the cutest thing I've ever seen. I really like that you drew it by hand. Seems like a lot of people tend to cut and paste a bunch of crap together and call it a concept. Yours has a real organic, old-school feeling to it and you should be commended.

Thanks a lot! (bow)

I'll try looking for more fonts and try them out as soon as I can.

I showed a guy my concept and he said that the back leg with the knee bent looked a bit like a certain male organ... :shocked:

I think there's a lot of potential here. It's a pretty good concept, especially since it was hand drawn.

- I'd take away the "Rams". If you have a picture of a Ram there, it's a bit redundant. Not only that, it looks too cluttered on the uniform.

- Keeping the crest off to the side is actually a good -- and unique -- idea, so long as the head is centered. You could leave the whole thing centered and it would work fine, too. But if you're going to leave it off to the side you may want to lessen the angle of the striping at the bottom. This way, the ram will have a little bit more room to "breathe", as it were, and it won't be so cluttered.

It's a fine piece of work, definately something better than anything I could throw up. ^_^

philly.png

I like forward thrust of the logo, the perspective looks great as a logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Archived