Hockey "instigator" comics

Phil

I think I've posted about him before, but Charlie Teljeur never ceases to amaze me as one funny guy... check out some of the stuff...the homepage is here, but more importantly, check out the archive.

What's your favourite?

Mine are...

From 2002:The New York Rangers and the "Land of Odds"

From the offseason 2003: too many funny ones...

From this season: Grave Concern

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Roger--I loved that one, too.  Not that I don't think the 1980 victory was cool, but it makes a good point. *heh*

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

That's what makes 1980 so good though. It's not that we won the gold, it's that we beat the Russians, who had won all of those years, who were the unstoppable force, who were, quite frankly, unbeatable.

I feel that often that point is misunderstood...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I hear you John... I remember years where the Bombers went 3-13, but if we beat Saskatchewan on Labour Day, for that one day, nothing else really matters.

The Miracle on Ice was special for the massive underdog win, but '72 was cool just because it was The Battle of the Titans, like two Muhammad Alis slugging it out, pounding away back and forth for 8 games, until one emerged the victor. As objective as I can be, I'd say that they're about equally as special. Obviously, as a Canadian, I have a much greater appreciation for '72, but hey, I can respect the points made.

One point I feel that could go either way is that if the Russians had won that game in 1980, nobody today would have given it another thought. Regardless of who won '72, it would still stand as one of the most monumental battles in hockey history.

But let's leave that for another topic, could we please?

Back on topic, I've posted about this one before, but it definitely has some logo-significance... PREDecessor.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• 1 month later...
LOL, that good. JR's always been a character to me...I'll never forget what he told Heatly last year (he was miked for those that don't know, so you could hear everything he said) after Heatly got his 4 goals "Kid, you're going to be smiling for a week, but thats not exactly a good thing without your teeth." (it went something like that)

Archived