"Classic" Mets for Game 6

SteveR

Although my personal preference leans towards the solid whites (why any Met fan would want the Yankee-homage pinstripes is beyond me), I'll take this any day.

They looked great.

I think the weather had something to do with the blue. It was a great night--69 degrees at 1st pitch--and I know they usually only break out the blue hats when it's nice since they don't look good with the black jackets (the right thing to do would be to get blue jackets...).

Coming next year, according to Paul Lukas' sources....

full.getty-72124116pr023_nlcs_game_6_s_11_44_33_pm.jpg

Those unis are great. I really hope they go to them full time.

I have a feeling the Met's will wear them again tonight because of superstition and they want to wear what they won in.

The only other drawback to the Mets uniform, other than the "black shadowing" effect used for the "Mets" name, is the pants. Again, I am turning 40 in 2 months, and maybe my mindset is too "old school" for most person's preference, but to me, nothing says baseball uniform more than stirrup socks. The long baggy pants really make the uniform look nothing short of sloppy. It's pitiful that this is allowed. The NBA meantime I understand is cracking down on uniform jerseys not being tucked in properly. We all know that's a major issue, head and shoulders above players attending gentlemen's clubs with firearms.

With non-sarcastic regards,

Bill McD.

YESSSSS!!!! YESSSSSSS!!!!

As soon as I saw the look, I lost it like they just hit a big homer. (Lifelong Mets fan anyway.) My fiance even commented how nice they looked. And that right there says something.

DITCH THE BLACK!!!

Yep, its obvious that the Cardinals just couldn't hit the ball tonight because they were mesmarized by those blue pinstripes.

They weren't mesmerized...the Cardinals were Metsmerized.

(I grew up with a Mets fan dad so I remember all of their ad campaigns.)

I think the black dropshadow that's used on the uniforms is pretty good -- if you HAVE to add black, that's the way to do it.

But now seeing any black in the Mets mix reminds us of how far overboard they went with jackets, two jerseys and two caps.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

First video from pre-game warmups for Game 7 show the Mets in pinstriped pants (with the usual blue/black warmup tops and hats).

That means Classic Squared tonight.

And yes they're in the blue cap again. :boogie:

Dance away little man, dance away

Now there bound to win

First video from pre-game warmups for Game 7 show the Mets in pinstriped pants (with the usual blue/black warmup tops and hats).

That means Classic Squared tonight.

And yes they're in the blue cap again. :boogie:

Dance away little man, dance away

Now there bound to win

Well, maybe not. :D

Maybe they should have worn the 86' throwbacks tonight. And, made Billy Buckner play 1st base for the Cards.

The Cardinals took the Mets in a tight, tense, entertaining game. The only bad thing about it? The Mets' uniforms. This is the LEAST attractive of their kits, and should be, if not deleted, kept strictly on Sundays.

(Swimming against the tide of this thread, I know, but that's how I feel.)

:vaderandluke:

Now that the Mets lost game 7, we'll probably never see the pinstripes again.

Although I don't really care, seeing as my favorite MLB team (Tigers) is playing my favorite NL team (Cards) in the World Series.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived