Portland Winter Hawks new 3rd Jersey

Frylock

Couple things...

I'd love to meet up with the CCSLC NW Chapter at a Hawks game sometime! NYE sounds great, but unfortunately, I'm not in any position to plan that far ahead in my schedule. Will let y'all know as soon as I know.

benpc -- A replay screen and flat panels are coming to the MC very soon. They were supposed to be in place when the season started, but they were damaged in transit from China...

Okay, the main reason for this post: It looks like the Hawks are going to be one of those teams. Yes, another holiday themed jersey is on the way...

Winter Hawks to Honor Armed Forces on Veterans Day

The Portland Winter Hawks will provide free admission to all veterans to their home game on Saturday November 11 against Seattle at 7:30 in Memorial Coliseum.

Veterans simply have to show any proof of service to their country to gain free admission. And, the Hawks will be wearing a special, commemorative jersey during the game to honor the armed forces.

Memorial Coliseum was financed by an $8 million bond approved by voters in 1954. Construction was completed in 1960 and it was dedicated on January 8, 1961 to the "advancement of cultural opportunities for the community and to the memory of our veterans of all wars who made the supreme sacrifice."

In the early years, the Coliseum was known as "Veterans Memorial Coliseum" and the Winter Hawks are currently working with local veterans groups on restoring the "Glass Palace" to its former luster. The first step in upgrading the facility will be the installation of four state-of-the-art, slow motion instant replay video screens in the center ice scoreboard expected to be completed over the Christmas holiday break for the Winter Hawks.

The Hawks' new ownership group of Jim Goldsmith, John Bryant and Jack Donovan are working with Portland Arena Management, who manages Coliseum events along with those in the Rose Garden Arena, and the City of Portland, on a long-range plan to improve the Coliseum's appeal for all patrons attending all events.

The Hawks are making a commitment to the city, and to the veterans, to make Memorial Coliseum their primary home by playing 30 of their 36 home games there this season.

And there you go... Will post pics when they become available...

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Good to hear Frylock. As I'm at school in Seattle, I only get to catch a handful of games in Portland every so its good to hear news coming out of there. I'm excited for the new video stuff in the arena, I didnt think it would happen so quickly, considering the Rose Graden finally got its 360 LED boards last year, I'm pretty sure that we were the last NBA team to make that move. The friend I and that go to Hawks game together have always found MC to be the better place to watch a game, but with the non fans you dont usually get the draw if its not heald in the Rose Garden. We talked about last year how it would be cool if the Hawks moved back over to the Coliseum as their full time home and decked it out in Hawks colors. Things like putting the skyline as they have on the bottom of their third jerseys on the high walls that are right behind the floor seating behind the goals...its just a blank off-white space and they could easily make it themed. Also things like repainting the doors to the setcions red/white/black and the giant section numbers which area still blue and orange to Hawks colors would be a nice touch too. (and aside from the painting, would it hurt to do a little cleaning, I remember looking up and there was so much dust accumulated on the ceiling that i wanted to be sick...it looks like its been there for years!). And finally, I'm excited for these new jerseys, I'm always a fan of theme jerseys and hopefully will get my hands on one at some point.

SEAsig.png

Veterans' Day can only mean one thing and I really hope the Hawks don't take this route:

Camouflage.

Fry, it would be nice to have you on NYE. Then you can see the Tbird de-lurked. :D

stupid Blackhawks logo

Right on, brother! I've never liked that stoneage logo. It's nice to see someone who's not in bed with history and isn't afraid to stand up to the man. (The Man being everyone who's in bed with history.) :P

Veterans' Day can only mean one thing and I really hope the Hawks don't take this route:

Camouflage.

Fry, it would be nice to have you on NYE. Then you can see the Tbird de-lurked. :D

*sigh* So sorry, my friend...

VeteransJerseyNight111106.gif

It actually doesn't look that crappy, but I'll just wait until I see the game on TV on Saturday...

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Camouflage.

It actually doesn't look that crappy, but I'll just wait until I see the game on TV on Saturday...

Yeesh. Makes me rethink coming down to watch the game Saturday. Thank goodness it's a one-off.

Makes sense though, because, with the exception of Klinkhammer, the offense has been invisible anyway. :D

I agree that they could have done better but you have to give them points for the effort. I think the jerseys the Manitoba Moose used last year while former Hawk Jozef Balej was out with an injury looked better than the jerseys the Hawks have. They need something like stripes, otherwise they just look like a practice jersey thats been done up for a game. Just my two cents

balejarmy3.jpg

SEAsig.png

Camouflage.

At least the ladies get the Turkey shoot after the game!!!! Bad jersey. Lame logo. Go Tips

2000Patch.jpg

Camouflage.

At least the ladies get the Turkey shoot after the game!!!! Bad jersey. Lame logo. Go Tips

Yes, go Tips, and stay out east. :D

Archived