Philedelphia Flyers Logo

Brendan

^^ bingo - and btw, i love the eagle/buffaslug sig, good stuff

as for the original concept, i agree with the opinion that if you want to re-do the flyers logo...re-do it, don't just modify it - and in my biased-philadelphia-based opinion, i think the flyers logo is one of the best and unique in sports, so you'd have to come up with a masterpiece to do better than the original - keep it up though, could be a fun project for you

worldchampsll1.png

as for the original concept, i agree with the opinion that if you want to re-do the flyers logo...re-do it, don't just modify it - and in my biased-philadelphia-based opinion, i think the flyers logo is one of the best and unique in sports, so you'd have to come up with a masterpiece to do better than the original - keep it up though, could be a fun project for you

The Flyers logo is an amazing thing. Realistically, it's simple, kind of plain and doesn't really represent anything other than a flying "P" yet it's been the perfect identity for the team since they came into the league. The one thing I'd love to see the Flyers do have a liberty bell logo as a shoulder patch. Sort of like this:

LibertyBell.gif

The Flyers logo is an amazing thing. Realistically, it's simple, kind of plain and doesn't really represent anything other than a flying "P" yet it's been the perfect identity for the team since they came into the league. The one thing I'd love to see the Flyers do have a liberty bell logo as a shoulder patch. Sort of like this:

LibertyBell.gif

i agree - a while back there was a concept with that logo or something like it and i thought it looked great - i think the phils do that one right, and that the eagles and flyers should pick up on it

worldchampsll1.png

the bell could work...heh, a distorted version of the P made to look like a bird head could work...I figure you might have seen the crest before, capn

flyersheritage2.gif

(note: I wish I could say I came up with the birdhead, but this was the work of MasterSplinter over at Depot a few years back. the jersey style is basically a black version of the original Flyers jersey, done for the NHL Heritage project)

didn't mean to hijack, but cap posted his liberty bell and I couldn't resist. anyways, back on topic, I always thought the Flyers got the logo right the first time and evidently so do they. brendan, I'll give ya a thumbs up cus those don't look like they were modified in Paint, for real...but this looks like a case where you tried to reinvent the wheel. it's pretty underwhelming.

speaking of a flying F, Zephyr had a flying F hat as part of the X-line, though I remember when I used it on a concept, it was almost universally panned (partially cus I used the above birdhead for the primaries, the flying F as the third crest, and almost didn't use the flying P at all). heh, lemme see if I can find that thread...ah, here it is:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...0&hl=Flyers

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

the bell could work...heh, a distorted version of the P made to look like a bird head could work...I figure you might have seen the crest before, capn

flyersheritage2.gif

(note: I wish I could say I came up with the birdhead, but this was the work of MasterSplinter over at Depot a few years back. the jersey style is basically a black version of the original Flyers jersey, done for the NHL Heritage project)

didn't mean to hijack, but cap posted his liberty bell and I couldn't resist. anyways, back on topic, I always thought the Flyers got the logo right the first time and evidently so do they. brendan, I'll give ya a thumbs up cus those don't look like they were modified in Paint, for real...but this looks like a case where you tried to reinvent the wheel. it's pretty underwhelming.

speaking of a flying F, Zephyr had a flying F hat as part of the X-line, though I remember when I used it on a concept, it was almost universally panned (partially cus I used the above birdhead for the primaries, the flying F as the third crest, and almost didn't use the flying P at all). heh, lemme see if I can find that thread...ah, here it is:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...0&hl=Flyers

I do recognize the logo. Did you make that? For some reason Master Splinter (from Depot... not sure if he's at that hell hole any more) rings a bell. I know he did a bunch of Flyers concepts. Pretty good work too.

I like the real one better. These feel too forced.

and what do you mean when you say its to forced. even tough i appreciate your guys comments i really like my logo. and im i alone when i say i dont see the p in the current flyers logo

I find that kind of hard to believe. It's pretty obvious.

PHI_161.gif

It's a tilted P, plain as day.

thats the thing p's are not titled. and a casual fan wouldn't recongize it was a p like my brother. i only say the top of the p when i looked a it. but i agree the flyers logo has a lot of history and this thread has made me like the flyers logo more

I do recognize the logo. Did you make that? For some reason Master Splinter (from Depot... not sure if he's at that hell hole any more) rings a bell. I know he did a bunch of Flyers concepts. Pretty good work too.

heh, I gotta start bein more clear :D I wish I could say I made the birdhead (it was MS's), though I did base the jersey off the Flyers' originals for a nearly league-wide project I did a few years ago (I didn't do the Senators, Panthers, Wild or Thrashers and originally wasn't gonna do the Flyers or Islanders. I had two versions for Philly and three versions of a Blackhawks jersey)...lemme see if I can dig up that thread too, you gonna love most of em.

heh, here we go: http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=16035

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

i think some of these look good, but maybe a combination of a couple would be best IMO. I would like to see the wings from the flying P on an illustrated liberty bell. i will put something together if i have time, but if anyone does that i think you have a fit alt logo.

thats the thing p's are not titled. and a casual fan wouldn't recongize it was a p like my brother.

P

what the hell is that thing?!?!

you can't contribute anything more to the conversation than some kind of funky ass third world obscure hieroglyphics?!

what is that anyway? cryllic?! GAH!

:hockeysmiley:

Archived