NBA & MLB DVD's

Huskyfan82

Has anyone noticed the NBA and MLB seem to love putting their sports on DVD? It seems like they're the two sports leagues that love putting their games on DVD. Not just highlights, FULL games! Yesterday, I picked up the 1988-1989 Pistons Championship DVD set, which had 10 games from their playoff run! (ECF's against Chicago, 6 games, and the Finals against the Lakers, 4 games). I also have the Celtics and 76ers Dynasty set which has a few games. The NHL should do this more (I do have the Lightning 2004 Stanley Cup which has Game 7 of the Finals on it). The NBA seems to be the more affordable one, baseball sets it seems are too expensive.

David

In June, the NFL put out a four-disc boxset of the Steelers four 2006 playoff games from in their entirety. I know what I'm buying my father for Christmas because this is exactly what he's been looking for since the little Championship DVD was released in March.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Believe me, I know sports are all about $$$$ (Sports management major). Still, I never thought I'd see the day where FULL GAMES would be put out on DVD. It's about time! As for the NFL one, I don't think they're the actual broadcasts, I think they're edited together NFL Films ones, that make it look like the real game. But the NBA, NHL, and MLB sets are the real thing!! Along with a few college football and basketball sets. As I write this, I'm watching game 5 of the '89 ECF's, Skip Caray announcing, lol.

David

Believe me, I know sports are all about $$$$ (Sports management major). Still, I never thought I'd see the day where FULL GAMES would be put out on DVD. It's about time! As for the NFL one, I don't think they're the actual broadcasts, I think they're edited together NFL Films ones, that make it look like the real game. But the NBA, NHL, and MLB sets are the real thing!! Along with a few college football and basketball sets. As I write this, I'm watching game 5 of the '89 ECF's, Skip Caray announcing, lol.

David

According to the release from Warner Bros. on the Steelers "Road to XL" discs, they are the original television footage with play-by-play and commentary from the Steelers' Radio team.

Archived