Well if all else fails blame it on the balls

otherwilds

Players fight back

Union sues the NBA over new ball, tighter officiating

NEW YORK (AP) -- The players' association filed two unfair labor practice charges Friday against the NBA over issues with the new ball and the league's crackdown on player complaints.

A number of players publicly have complained about the change in the ball from leather to microfiber composite. But the crackdown on complaints after the whistle, often referred to as a "zero-tolerance policy," might be the bigger problem.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/bask...ex.html?cnn=yes

WOW that takes balls to sue the league over officiating, after the bad behavior issues followed by the dress codes I am not surprised the union decided to take a stand on something.

RobbyBox2.jpg

Wouldn't it be great if we could all tell our bosses what tools we were going to use to do our jobs?

How many of you can throw a profanity laced tirade at a co-worker and not be sent home or fired, let alone be protected while you do it?

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Wouldn't it be great if we could all tell our bosses what tools we were going to use to do our jobs?

How many of you can throw a profanity laced tirade at a co-worker and not be sent home or fired, let alone be protected while you do it?

Everything's relative. I see what you're going for with the second part, but if so many players hate the plastic ball after using a leather ball for so many years, then come on, just go back to the leather ball.

common man dont go comparing the nba to your job, its stupid. about the suit though, i dont blame the player if the ball is really bad and effecting there play they should be able to complain. the officating thing though is stupid ya the ref are calling to much but still maybe they should stop yapping.

I've done the first part.

I've done the second part.

I love my union job.

:)

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I was just about to say that. If you're in a union then you can do that. If you ain't, then the Boss is gonna have at you with free will.

But yeah, I agree. I can understand the refs wanting to crack down, but that's just nonsense. If a guy even relases an indication that he's about to complain, it's either a T or an ejection. So yeah, once again I can understand, because these refs are pulling the trigger WAY too fast.

And the new ball's just ridiculous. It would be good for everyone if they changed it back.

common man dont go comparing the nba to your job, its stupid.

Common men don't play in the NBA.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I don't see what the case is. If there was an unfair advantage, that would be one thing, but when all teams are faced with the same ball and officiating practices, there's really nothing they can legally do about it.

VmWIn6B.png

I kind of chuckled at this because one of the main reasons I quit watching the NBA was the fact that the officiating was way too loose and the games are more like watching street ball. I'm all for calling a tighter game on the court but a player should be able to voice his opinion or displeasure at a call within reason, its part of sports. Although as soon as a player rips off a 4 letter word at an official that SHOULD be a technical.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

common man dont go comparing the nba to your job...blah blah blah.

I must be in a wrasslin mood because when I was reading that, Dusty Rhode's entrance theme got stuck in my head.

"He's just a common man..."

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Archived