Ohio State to wear white in Title Game...

02Rover

I almost wonder. Would it be more beneficial to intentionally choose to be the road team to call the coin flip?
i really doubt it, considering that the coin flip is 50/50... lol.
But that assumes that the coin that is used for the flip is fair. If the coin is not absolutely fair, then it almost makes sense to want to make the call, to choose the more beneficial side.

LvZYtbZ.png

Didnt Miami in the 2001-02 title game against Nebraska, when Miami was a clear # 1, wear white, as well?? Id bet it was the same type of circumstance, that there were other things tied in with being the road team that they actually chose and the jersey just went along with the package deal.

Yes. In fact, I question this report. I always thought that numbers 1 and 2 rotated every year in the championship game.

05- #1 USC home

04 - #2 USC home

03 - #1 Oklahoma home

???

In 2002, Miami wore their home uniforms while Ohio State wore white.

USC was #1, not #2, in 2004 when they thrashed Oklahoma. That's why they wore the home jersey.

In 2003, OU was not #1, they were #2. They played LSU (BCS #1) in the Sugar Bowl and wore red because LSU's "home" jersey is white.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The Steelers wearing white in SB XL was all Cowher's doing the front office was set to let the NFL know they where going to wear black but Cowher went to Dan Rooney and asked if they could wear white since they had won the three road playoff games wearing white and he felt since the game wasnt at Heinz they should wear white, Rooney ok'ed it and the rest is history. The Steelers also had the choice in SB X(vs. Dallas), SB XIV(vs. LA Rams) and SB XXX(vs. Dallas) and all three times they picked black.

No the steelers wore white because Cowher said it wasnt in Pittsburgh so its an away game

Well the Steelers were the home team in the 1996 superbowl (1995 season) and chose black, so that theory goes out the window.

The Steelers wore white because their "run" was all in white jerseys.

Exactly.

The Steelers had to play all their playoff games on the road and ran the table (no mean feat), so Cower decided to be the "road team" in the Super Bowl.

Archived