Ohio State to wear white in Title Game...

02Rover

... in Glendale, according to todays Cleveland Plain Dealer.

I guess its tied into what hotel you say at. One hotel is designated the "away" hotel and one the "home" one. The Buckeyes, by virtue of being # 1, got thier choice and chose the same hotel they have stayed at for the Miami, KSU and ND Fiesta games over the last 4 years. The one they chose was the "away" hotel and thus they will be designated the "away" team and dress accordingly.

Wise choice to pick the place that they are familiar with and will breed some sort of "homey" feeling for them.

The tradition of Ohio State going to Arizona for bowl games and wearing white jerseys continues. Lets hope the winning continues, as well.

I guess its tied into what hotel you say at. One hotel is designated the "away" hotel and one the "home" one. The Buckeyes, by virtue of being # 1, got thier choice and chose the same hotel they have stayed at for the Miami, KSU and ND Fiesta games over the last 4 years. The one they chose was the "away" hotel and thus they will be designated the "away" team and dress accordingly.

Wise choice to pick the place that they are familiar with and will breed some sort of "homey" feeling for them.

The tradition of Ohio State going to Arizona for bowl games and wearing white jerseys continues. Lets hope the winning continues, as well.

kinda of have a Steelers tie in with that choice

The Steelers chose white cause of luck, I believe.

The Buckeyes chose to be the road team because of the hotel, practice facilities and such that they have used in 3 of the last 4 years out there. The jersey choice came along with that decision. I dont think Tressel and the Buckeyes feel any luckier in white vs their scarlet ones.

Ohio State will be the road team, using the designated road locker rooms, sidelines, they will call the coin flip, everything that goes along with being the road team they will do.

Didnt Miami in the 2001-02 title game against Nebraska, when Miami was a clear # 1, wear white, as well?? Id bet it was the same type of circumstance, that there were other things tied in with being the road team that they actually chose and the jersey just went along with the package deal.

Didnt Miami in the 2001-02 title game against Nebraska, when Miami was a clear # 1, wear white, as well?? Id bet it was the same type of circumstance, that there were other things tied in with being the road team that they actually chose and the jersey just went along with the package deal.

Yes. In fact, I question this report. I always thought that numbers 1 and 2 rotated every year in the championship game.

05- #1 USC home

04 - #2 USC home

03 - #1 Oklahoma home

???

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yes. In fact, I question this report. I always thought that numbers 1 and 2 rotated every year in the championship game.

05- #1 USC home

04 - #2 USC home

03 - #1 Oklahoma home

???

In 2002, Miami wore their home uniforms while Ohio State wore white.

God I hope not. :D

I had heard a while back that they were thinking of wearing white again. I had no idea outside superstition what the reasoning was. Hey why not, it worked in 2002.

BB52Big.jpg

The Steelers chose white cause of luck, I believe.

The Buckeyes chose to be the road team because of the hotel, practice facilities and such that they have used in 3 of the last 4 years out there. The jersey choice came along with that decision. I dont think Tressel and the Buckeyes feel any luckier in white vs their scarlet ones.

Ohio State will be the road team, using the designated road locker rooms, sidelines, they will call the coin flip, everything that goes along with being the road team they will do.

No the steelers wore white because Cowher said it wasnt in Pittsburgh so its an away game

I was shopping in Columbus yesterday and there were alot of the red jerseys with the bowl game patch for sale. I couldnt quite figure why they were offering both.

Glad this baby is underneath my tree this holiday season.

ts.jpg

centerfieldbanner2.png

Formula GP

CenterField 22 pts

#7 Coca-Cola Giancarlo Fisichella 4pts

#8 Coca-Cola Lewis Hamilton 18pts

TRAC

CenterField Motorsports

#5 Sony Kyle Busch

#8 Gatorade Kurt Busch

#9 Sirius David Ragan/Ricky Rudd

No the steelers wore white because Cowher said it wasnt in Pittsburgh so its an away game

Well the Steelers were the home team in the 1996 superbowl (1995 season) and chose black, so that theory goes out the window.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Let's not :evil:

Well the Steelers were the home team in the 1996 superbowl (1995 season) and chose black, so that theory goes out the window.

The Steelers wore white because their "run" was all in white jerseys.

KISSwall09.jpg

if im not mistaken the cowboys wanted to wear white because of the superstition of the blue jersey being bad luck.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

if im not mistaken the cowboys wanted to wear white because of the superstition of the blue jersey being bad luck.

The Cowboys surely wanted to wear white, but the ultimate decision was Pittsburgh's.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived