WOOOOOOOOOO YEAAAAAAAAH

Alphabet Man

Almost mate. If he doesn't run, he faces the next ball. It's until he gets dismissed. And yeh no strikes, unless the opposing captain calls a batsman back which rarely happens or the umpire makes a mistake and cancels his call.

-----

Boxing Day Test

Yep England are going to go 4-0 down. All out for 159. Warne took a 5-for and took his 700th in like his second over today.

Boxing Day and rain, go together like man and woman.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

christ, and I thought the Webb-Ellis trophy was small...oh, btw, can't wait for the rugby world cup - hopefully I'll be able to see *any* of it on TV....

and, of course, congrats on the ashes. I know the aussies love nothing more than getting one in on the english....though I still am waiting for the day when space ships will crash the Ashes at Lord's and steal the ashes away...

harperdc.gif

Haha yep, anything we can get over the English.

I'm not so sure on the Rugby World Cup, we are :censored: at the moment, we want revenge though, for last time on our ground. Some hack, has one kick and is a hero all of a sudden, now i dont think he is even playing.

since I stopped playing the game they play in heaven I've fallen a bit out of tune with the pro scene - doesn't help that it's nigh-on impossible to actually see games on TV in the U.S. too - but hell, it's the World Cup, I'm sure all the big teams will put on their best and have some real battles.

I still have a tape of the '03 final...I should watch that again because it's superb, dramatic rugby...which, I'm sure, isn't exactly what you wanted to hear (sorry for the painful reminder...but you won the ashes back! pommy bastards! and I'm an American who knows that Fosters is :censored:e and VB is where it's at! *and* about the Aussie V8s, too! that must be *some* solace!)

harperdc.gif

Boxing Day Test

Yep England are going to go 4-0 down. All out for 159. Warne took a 5-for and took his 700th in like his second over today.

Boxing Day and rain, go together like man and woman.

*lalalalallalalalala*

Not listening! Not listening!

Try not to ruin my day. Boxing Day football is on. Let me at least enjoy it before ruining it by talking about the Ashes... :P

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Group A Group B Group C Group D

Australia Sri Lanka New Zealand Pakistan
South Africa India England West Indies
Scotland Bangladesh Kenya Zimbabwe
Netherlands Bermuda Canada Ireland

So the top 2 go through I think.

So thats:

Australia India New Zealand West Indies
South Africa Sri Lanka England Pakistan

Then they have a new format which i cannot work out.

But ranking those 8 final teams: AUS, RSA, IND, NZL, WI, SRL, ENG, PAK off the top of my head.

Final 4 would be: AUS, IND, NZL, RSA i would say ar the top 4 in the world.

Interesting if we get to the final we could end up playing our interstate rivals in New Zealand. South Africa shouldn't be underestimated though.

THe only upset i can see is Zimbabwe or Ireland in Group D, that looks to be the weakest group. Scotland and Holland are :censored:ed, no chance. Bermuda may get a win against Bangladesh. Kenya and Canada could have half a chance against England depending on how drained they are from being smashed by the Aussies 16 times in a summer (in Tests and One-Dayers) anda few more times by the Blackcaps.

A lot of this will depend on who the Pakistanis have their money on.

If the odds are right, they could lose to anyone.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I love this thread.

While the trophy is 124 years old and has a history behind it, it's a bit hard to get too excited about a trophy you can fit in your pocket. It's a wonder no one has misplaced it by now or at least housed the ashes in a container a bit grander and more fitting there prestigious stature.

Strange is the sport where Pakistan must be taken seriously. I suppose you could say the same thing about Ice Hockey and Belarus though, so I'll shut up now.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

you got your group B prediction wrong, it should be the other way, the little brothers from Sri Lanka will finish tops, with their lights out bowling, no bats from India can match

also why does Bermuda have their own team, I thought they were part of the West Indies

you got your group B prediction wrong, it should be the other way, the little brothers from Sri Lanka will finish tops, with their lights out bowling, no bats from India can match

also why does Bermuda have their own team, I thought they were part of the West Indies

Bermuda is too far away from the West Indian countries. If you look at the map, Bermuda is not even part of the Carribean, it's more in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

I saw, I came, I left.

I love this thread.

While the trophy is 124 years old and has a history behind it, it's a bit hard to get too excited about a trophy you can fit in your pocket. It's a wonder no one has misplaced it by now or at least housed the ashes in a container a bit grander and more fitting there prestigious stature.

Strange is the sport where Pakistan must be taken seriously. I suppose you could say the same thing about Ice Hockey and Belarus though, so I'll shut up now.

THe original is kept in Lords', London and has been to Australia twice- about 20 years back and this year. The replicas are what the players are presented.

---

Pakistan... yeh they are a joke of a team, they are either good (not as good as us) or they are really really bad

---

I just think India are a better team than Sri Lanka. That's what my predications are based on.

Archived