Battle Creek announces nickname

AceTen

How can you have a team in Battle Creek and not have some sort of Kellogg's tie-in?

Battle Creek Tigers, anyone?

320px-TonyTheTiger.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Isn't the Northwoods League pretty much centered in Wisconsin and Minnesota? This seems like a location that adds a lot of travel time and expense, unless the teams intend to commute via ferry across Lake Michigan.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The NWL is actually thinking about taking the ferry to Michigan. One thing to consider is that Battle Creek is closer to some cities (i.e. Madison) than Thunder Bay is. Also I think long term the league may be looking to increase it's appeal regionally especially since they have signed a TV deal with ESPNU to show a select few games.

Isn't the Northwoods League pretty much centered in Wisconsin and Minnesota? This seems like a location that adds a lot of travel time and expense, unless the teams intend to commute via ferry across Lake Michigan.

That's what I was thinking. Until they added Green Bay, their eastern-most team was Madison. It usually takes me 6 hours to reach Battle Creek from Milwaukee (on my way to Detroit) which means it's at least 7 hours from Madison and 8 from Green Bay... and those are their closest rivals.

Also, if they want to expand east, I hope they consider changing the name of the league. I don't know about anyone else, but when I think of "northwoods," I think Minnesota, Northern Wisconsin and Upper Michigan.

brew.png

So long as the league remains centered in those states, I think the name can stay.

Otherwise, we'll have to change the American League's name as well. ;)

Why? Toronto is in North America

By that logic, Club America (Mexican futbol team) would have to change as well.

How can you have a team in Battle Creek and not have some sort of Kellogg's tie-in?

Battle Creek Tigers, anyone?

320px-TonyTheTiger.jpg

Yea, but Battle Creek Vandaminators sounds so much cooler...

vandaminator.jpg

brew.png

Archived