Nike Soccer Concepts

gordie_delini

So I have been envisioning what next years' kits might look like from Nike. I created a new template style, similar to what's being used this season, but with a few changes - a standard collar (which I may change), slightly different side gussets (that go under the arm as well) and shoulder gussets. C&C Welcome, and I'll also take requests.

ARSENAL:

Arsenal-Nike-proposal.png

CELTIC:

Celtic-Nike-proposal.png

INTERNAZIONALE DI MILANO:

Internazionale-Nike-proposa.png

PARIS-SAINT-GERMAIN:

PSG-Nike-Proposal.png

PSV EINDHOVEN:

PSV-Eindhoven-Nike-proposal.png

OD_Signature.jpg

I dare say you wouldn't be too far off the mark with what you have here. In my opinion Nike will ride the simplicity wave as long as they can/want. It got them a good reception in the world cup and subsequently the team kits they have released.

Now, onto the kits. I known people here don't care for the template look but they way you have made these means that the template is not the primary feature of the concept. You've been able to integrate the template into a tradtional design seamlessly so you have no overall complaints on my behalf.

I'd prefer to see those shoulder gussets extended to the bottom of the sleeve though. It just looks a little odd to have them stop so abruptly where the sleeve begins, especially on the designs where you have the gussets recoloured. Also, I know you are going for consistency but the numbers on PSV are difficult to read. I'd consider changing the number font to one with a solid outline so the number stands out more.

But overall these are solid progressions of current kits and it would not surprise me one bit to see at least one of the kits looking like this next time the new ones are rolled out. Outstanding work as per usual, Brian.

sig.png

Awesome look for Celtic, but why change the style of the current away kit? I don't know if I've ever seen Celtic wear yellow as an away strip (not that I've paid attention to much other than the hoops), but I do know that the current away kit references something worn in the 1960's-1970's.

QPR%20Sig.png

Awesome look for Celtic, but why change the style of the current away kit? I don't know if I've ever seen Celtic wear yellow as an away strip (not that I've paid attention to much other than the hoops), but I do know that the current away kit references something worn in the 1960's-1970's.

Celtic wore yellow aways with Umbro a couple of years ago:

Celtic kits 2001-2002

Celtic away kit 2002-2003

Celtic away kit 2003-2004

So the yellow aways have precedence - I like the yellow/dark green aways for celtic better than the black or the whites, so that's why I used that strip

OD_Signature.jpg

Awesome job! My one problem is with the yellow Arsenal kit. Maybe you change the blue to green (like when they were sponsored by O2). Blue makes it look too much like a Ukraine jersey. Also can you do some national teams with this template? That'd look pretty cool.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Awesome job! My one problem is with the yellow Arsenal kit. Maybe you change the blue to green (like when they were sponsored by O2). Blue makes it look too much like a Ukraine jersey. Also can you do some national teams with this template? That'd look pretty cool.

Arsenal has NEVER worn green clash strips - their traditional away kits are yellow and blue and all blue. Arsenal rotates between a yellow/blue one year and then all blue the next. No green. Period.

And sure, I can do some nationals - which ones would you like to see?

OD_Signature.jpg

Is there a uniform template??? :rolleyes:

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Arsenal has NEVER worn green clash strips - their traditional away kits are yellow and blue and all blue. Arsenal rotates between a yellow/blue one year and then all blue the next. No green. Period.

And sure, I can do some nationals - which ones would you like to see?

I could have sworn that their last away kits were yellow w/ green accents but maybe it was just a dark blue.

As for the national teams, I'd love to see France because the new logo deserves a new jersey, but ohterwise its up to you.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

As a big soccer fan I have to say I love these. The template is great and execution of the design is flawless. Where did you get all of the sponsor vectors? Koizim, France is currently sponsored by Adidas but it would still be nice to see them in Nike.

Thanks - I got all the sponsors' logos from www.brandsoftheworld.com

I think France and adidas are too big of an institution to switch to Nike, so I won't be doing France. However, I'm open to other Nike national squads.

OD_Signature.jpg

In a more perfect world Adidas would cut ties with France after the Zidane incedent and Nike would swoop in and get rid of the awful France home kit. Oh well, we can still dream.

How about new kits for Portugal or Brazil?

I'm pretty sure they used a green kit for a short while in the 80's. I can't find any evidnce of this at the moment.

That's correct, Arsenal did wear a green away kit for a short time in the mid 80s. I did manage to find one picture on the Toffs (retro shirt sales) website at http://www.toffs.com/invt/1403, but that's the best I can do. They certainly haven't worn green in the O2 days though.

Good luck tracking down a genuine green Arsenal shirt these days - it would be worth a lot of money.

Archived